Re: 10.129

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
      Hi Dave K3DCW,

      Thank you very much for the information and taking the time to reply back. Although I would like to know the 'primary' users of the 30m band and have such a list I can't understand why this list isn't public knowledge for all so we as 'secondary' users know who the 'primary' users are or those that should not be users of the band at all...seems like it should be a free open source to me.

      Thanks again Dave

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

      > Sure, you would have to order the ITU BR IFC, which is the database that contains all ITU assignments. The cost is around $190. The order form can be found here: http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/opb/sp/R-PN-282-10-PDF-E.pdf
      >

      > Dave
      > K3DCW
      >

      > On Sep 29, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Don wrote:
      >
      > > Dave,
      > >
      > > You mention 'per ITU database'...please share a link or more information on this if you would be so kind to do so. I have asked in many forums 'is there a place to find KNOWN primary users of the 30 meter band' and I have yet to been given a list or link to provide this information. I would be very interested in such a list.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      > > www.30mdg.net
      > >
      > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sure...legal PRIMARY user, NAA: USN Cutler Maine (per ITU database). It is
      > > > there almost every day on center freq 10130.0

      > > > --
      > > > Dave
      > > > K3DCW
      > > > www.k3dcw.net
      > > >
      > > > "Real radio bounces off of the sky"
      > > >

      > Dave Wright
      > K3DCW
      > hfradiopro@...

    • signalhz
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
        I can tell you from experience the military uses this band sometimes.

        Eddy
        N4ABN

        On 9/29/2010 8:03 PM, Don wrote:

        Hi Dave K3DCW,

        Thank you very much for the information and taking the time to reply back. Although I would like to know the 'primary' users of the 30m band and have such a list I can't understand why this list isn't public knowledge for all so we as 'secondary' users know who the 'primary' users are or those that should not be users of the band at all...seems like it should be a free open source to me.

        Thanks again Dave

        Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
        www.30mdg.net

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

        > Sure, you would have to order the ITU BR IFC, which is the database that contains all ITU assignments. The cost is around $190. The order form can be found here: http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/opb/sp/R-PN-282-10-PDF-E.pdf
        >

        > Dave
        > K3DCW
        >

        > On Sep 29, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Don wrote:
        >
        > > Dave,
        > >
        > > You mention 'per ITU database'...please share a link or more information on this if you would be so kind to do so. I have asked in many forums 'is there a place to find KNOWN primary users of the 30 meter band' and I have yet to been given a list or link to provide this information. I would be very interested in such a list.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
        > > www.30mdg.net
        > >
        > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Sure...legal PRIMARY user, NAA: USN Cutler Maine (per ITU database). It is
        > > > there almost every day on center freq 10130.0

        > > > --
        > > > Dave
        > > > K3DCW
        > > > www.k3dcw.net
        > > >
        > > > "Real radio bounces off of the sky"
        > > >

        > Dave Wright
        > K3DCW
        > hfradiopro@...

      • Dave Wright
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
          It is definitely a popular band....between 10.1 and 10.15 there are 1278 assignments worldwide, not counting any governmental user that may want to use it without being in the ITU database.  Now, as with all of the ITU database, there is a lot of old data in there from stations that are no longer on the air, but 1278 authorizations definitely indicates that amateurs are a secondary service.

          On 9/29/2010 8:03 PM, Don wrote:

          Hi Dave K3DCW,

          Thank you very much for the information and taking the time to reply back. Although I would like to know the 'primary' users of the 30m band and have such a list I can't understand why this list isn't public knowledge for all so we as 'secondary' users know who the 'primary' users are or those that should not be users of the band at all...seems like it should be a free open source to me.

          Thanks again Dave

          Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
          www.30mdg.net

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

          > Sure, you would have to order the ITU BR IFC, which is the database that contains all ITU assignments. The cost is around $190. The order form can be found here: http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/opb/sp/R-PN-282-10-PDF-E.pdf
          >

          > Dave
          > K3DCW
          >

          > On Sep 29, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Don wrote:
          >
          > > Dave,
          > >
          > > You mention 'per ITU database'...please share a link or more information on this if you would be so kind to do so. I have asked in many forums 'is there a place to find KNOWN primary users of the 30 meter band' and I have yet to been given a list or link to provide this information. I would be very interested in such a list.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
          > > www.30mdg.net
          > >
          > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Sure...legal PRIMARY user, NAA: USN Cutler Maine (per ITU database). It is
          > > > there almost every day on center freq 10130.0

          > > > --
          > > > Dave
          > > > K3DCW
          > > > www.k3dcw.net