OTHR digital modes....thanks KA1GMN, VE7NBQ and others

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      Just a quick note,

      The band was in great shape again tonight from 2200z to 0400z when I had to shut it down...EU, AF, SA, AS band seemed to be wide open. Just when I thought it was dying off at around 0400z then the Russians were coming in and not just one or two but noticed about 5 or 6 traces on the band and a few weak ones but they were there and looking for contacts, good to see (worked one but had to finally shut down..work comes early).

      BUT...wanted to thanks those that use OTHER (sorry for the OTHR but just for pun or fun) different digital modes and I noticed a number of them tonight..some HELL going on below 10.140, WSJT, WSPR, THOR, CONTESTIA, OLIVIA, RTTY, etc...a number of different modes all going at it and all seemed to be having a good time.

      Thanks to KA1GMN and VE7NBQ in particular because usually I can always see them above 10.142 in a different mode most nights, fun to contact them and experiment and fun to watch but look for them and other modes if you wish to experiment...they are usually there.

      Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      RSID: Contestia 8/250

      VE7NBQ DE KI4EEY

      REPORT : 599 599 1ST CONTACT ON THIS MODE
      NAME : GENE GENE
      QTH: OPELIKA, AL USA OPELIKA, AL USA
      GRID: EM72HP [155.2° 603.3mi] EM7

      RSID:THOR 4 f=2Ø56Hz

      *****
      KA1GMN de K1CF
      GE Phil.. Nice to work you again. Name Wayne Report 559 Qth Concord,NH locator FN43ff [73.2° 949.9mi]
      Was hoping to work Craig tonightunª ID... I'll try another night.. hi hi New Antenna tonight Inverted L with (2) radials and a ground.
      KA1GMN de K1CF
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi Don et al.
        also just a quickie: the band was wide open to VK from Europe this morning 01SEP between 07 and 08z, VK3XQ Rob having an outstanding signal both in psk31 and Contestia 8/250. He called CQ and this allowed me and G0UZP Paul to have nice chats with him. Although our signals went down into the grass at moments due to QSB, CT8/250 rendered a 100% print.
        vy73 Fred DL6XAZ #988