Just me tonight or did the 30m band have a pickup or sorts on DX?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      I happened to be off work today and did a few things around the house but not much action on the 30m band from early morning to afternoon...late evening few hours before and now a few hours after sunset seems the 30m band opened up with some nice signals to EU...some that were real 599 and a couple 599+ (what does 9A2YM use for an antenna..wow).

      I noticed VK3AMA but along with other signals so I didn't believe it was Laurie in OC/VK at 2300z since that was not normal..but keep seening AMA then a call over his of IK3UMT which I though someone was giving my call back to me over and over until I realized I was the dummy in it all and it really was IK3UMT and also Laurie VK3AMA really was calling and copied my signal...sorry Laurie contacted the Italian station but path faded to VK I guess.

      Also tonight heard 4X4WN with ease and made a contact there so the band seemed to have a pickup today for DX but maybe I'm behind since I don't always have a chance to be in the shack daily.

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001