HamSpots - 30MDG Members Page

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2010
      GM,

      Last weekend I went on a PR mission to try to promote Laurie's VK3AMA HamSpot site. Laurie has spent a lot of time and energy on this site and it shows...wow, it has so many new features and good things going on it is hard to mention or remember all of the features Thanks Laurie!

      I had a number of emails stating how much they liked the HamSpots and glad I posted the link and information. I know Laurie noticed an increase of activity on HamSpots and we users also benefit by having more on the digital bands and groups to liven things up on the bands.

      I did my normal posting of many digital groups and some main Ham sites to try to get the word out BUT I forgot 2 things:

      1) OUR OWN 30MDG Members! I forgot to post here and although we have a very high percent acitivty rate as shown on the HamSpots members statistics we also have this great tool Laurie has provided so please use it you wish...go here:

      http://hamspots.net/30mdg/

      2) Our Members here are the best and many of them help promote the 30 Meter Band and/or 30MDG so please fill free to pass the HamSpot information to your digital friends or groups (pass on link or see belwo).

      For those that have already gave HamSpots a rating on EHam we thank you and it really does help let others in the digital Ham community know about this nice spotting site. If you have not rated HamSpots and wish to do so please go here:

      http://www.eham.net/links/rating/11101

      Over last weekend the EHam and QRZ postings of HamSpot seemed to get the most exposure so for those that use HamSpots if you wish to reply to my HamSpots postings go here:

      http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,70330.0.html

      http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=260818
      (thanks Thomas NZ4O for your reply post!!)

      Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

      For those wanting information about HamSpots and features of this very nice spot site to share with their digital friends, groups, or online forums please share the below information:

      HAMSPOTS

      http://hamspots.net

      A place for spots for the Digital Ham Operator, IOTA, LOTW, WFF, ARLH & ILLW chasers and more!

      Features:
      • Easy Log In and FREE to anyone to use – log in and enjoy

      • If you want to know who is logged on and where they are at on the HamSpots site go to the Digital Clubs section and click on a Club. Stations logged on will appear at the middle top area and if have mouse over station call or click on call information the Op name, DXCC Country, all Club numbers, and QSL route will appear

      • All LOTW users are high-lighted in yellow

      • All LOTW chasers for WAS or Awards go to LOTW `Search Page' and find out what ops are on now with States needed (i.e. LOTW US State page then bottom middle search for State) Also included LOTW DXCC LOTW Search

      • LOTW Sked and Chat page now added

      • EQSL chasers for EQSL Awards go the EQSL `Search Page' and find out what ops are on now with States needed (i.e. EQSL US State page then bottom middle search for State) included is EQSL DXCC search too

      • EQSL Sked and Chat page now added

      • Looking to work IOTA Islands, WFF Flora Fauna or ARLHS & ILLW Lighthouses then this the place just go to the `Special Activations' page

      • All stations spotted have DXCC tag if mouse over

      • All stations spotted if clicked will show `History'

      • All spot information listed by UTC time, time AGED, DX, ST, Country, Freq, Mode, Comment, Spotter

      • All HF bands spots listed including WARC, 60m and 6m (160m,80m,60m,40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m,6m)

      • Spot site for Digital Mode Ham Operators(CW,PSK,MFSK,HELL,OLIVIA,CONTESTIA,ETC), IOTA-Islands, LOTW chasers, WFF-Flora Fauna & ARLHS & ILLW-Lighthouses…but geared more towards the Digital Ham Operator so if you are into Digital Modes give this a look over and use it while in the shack

      • Home page with HamSpots News and RSS Feeds.

      • Once logged in shows your SFI Propagation numbers (bottom right), IP Address(bottom left),time you have been `Online' (top left),UTC time (top right)

      • Top section of HamSpots homepage lists individual categories or pages within HamSpots to choose from (i.e. Settings, Search, Digital Clubs, Digital Modes, Special Activations, Single Band Spots, Dual Band Spots)

      • Settings page – user can change display colors to the users liking. Band Display Filters can also filter out what spots the user wishes to see, filter by location (i.e. AS, EU, NA, OC, SA, AF) or by mode, i.e. all modes, CW, PSK, RTTY, HELL, MFSK, or combination of CW and PSK, etc)

      • Search page – user can search by Callsign history for a particular call to see the number of spots of this call and or the summary of spot data. LotW Search can be displayed also for those looking for LOTW US STATE and at a glance see all stations spotted for a particular State a user may need. Also included is LOTW DX search for spots of DX LOTW users spotted on the band

      • Digital Clubs – those that are members of Digital Clubs of 30MDG (30 Meter Digital Group) or FH (Feld-Hell Club) can use these pages for Club members, Club Events, or Club activities (I'm sure VK3AMA would be willing to add your Digital Club if requested and if will be used). These pages show Club members spotted and spots for the particular band or mode used by the club. There is also a `local spots & chat' area to these Digital Club pages. Stations logged on will appear at the middle top area and if have mouse over station call or click on call information the Op name, DXCC Country, all Club numbers, and QSL route will appear…now added is EPC and 070 Club pages

      • Related links to related sites on each page i.e. 30 Meter Digital Group Page upper right links to 30MDG Home Page, 30MDG Yahoo Group, 30 Meter Live PSK Online Receivers, FH, EPC, 070 related links to the top right of each club page

      • Digital Modes – Most all popular digital modes are listed here and have a separate page so if you are looking for PSK, RTTY, SSTV, HELL, OLIVIA, CONTESTIA, MFSK, WSJT, ARQ or ALL MODES the user can find spots by mode and local spots & chats included on each page

      • Special Activations – IOTA-Islands, WFF-Flora Fauna, ARLHS-Lighthouses spots also includes same features with mouse over call and statistics on the right side of page

      • Single Band Spots – Spots by single individual band only (160m, 80m, 40m, 30m, 20m, 17m, 12m, 10m, 6m). These pages are spots only and no local spots or chat here

      • Single Band x2 – Spots for single individual band only but has side by side windows for that one band, window on left is for filtered spots for that band and window on right is all spots or not filtered

      • Multi Band Spots – Dual Band spots (160m-80m, 40m-30m, 20m-17m, 15m-12m, 10m-6m). ). These pages are spots only and no local spots or chat here

      • Spot Filters can be toggled on and off at any time!

      • Auto cross-posting between the Club and Mode pages

      • User can also manually post spots to DX Cluster Network right from the HamSpots pages!! (but no tolerance for any abuse on this feature)

      • Where do the Spots come from? HamSpots maintains a private dedicated Cluster Node and processes all incoming spots to that node to determine the mode being used (CW, PSK, RTTY, SSTV, HELL, etc.) to display correctly on the individual Mode Pages. HamSpots also takes direct feeds from the PSKReporter Network (thanks to N1DQ) and the JT65 Reverse Beacon Network (thanks to W6CQZ)

      • HamSpots continue to add more and more neat features and more are coming soon

      If you are a Digital Mode operator (or even if not) give HamSpots a try and look over because VK3AMA has added lots of features to this site and it is FREE for all to use.

      http://hamspots.net

      GL on the Bands

      De KB9UMT Don
      http://www.30mdg.net