RE: CMSK and SignaLink USB

  • Les Hill M0ARM
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
      All,

      I addition, I have found various other digimodes packages required the
      external soundcard to be reconfigured once CMSK is successfully configured
      i.e. Digipan; ROS and JT65-HF. I've not looked at other packages yet like
      WSJT; WSPR. HRD v5.0 and FLDigi (latest version) were both fine.

      73 Les M0ARM

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
        Thanks for the update Les. I am sure many others have the same issue.

        Also, thanks for the heads up on the new version of CMSK.

        philw de ka1gmn

        --
        Philw de KA1GMN
      • Les Hill M0ARM
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010

          Hi Phil,

          A further update, WSJT7 was affected too, somehow the Audio hardware (PC Soundcard and S/L USB had swapped ID numbers hence why some other applications didn’t work). More concerning that other may wish to note is every time I rebooted my PC, after installing CMSK and checking all other applications that use the SignaLink USB, the SignaLink USB would switch to Tx which it never did before under a PC reboot scenario.

          Thankfully, I took a PC backup before I tested CMSK and I’ve restored back to my original image/settings and all is fine. I’m sure this is just a hiccup and I’ll have another go with CMSK another time and checkout what happened with the soundcard configs with CMSK and all my other digimodes interfaces.

          All the best!

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
            Thanks Les that worked. I had already done as you described but this time I shut down and restarted the software when you said too.

            73 & GUD DX,
            Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
            Lakeland, FL, USA
            nz4o@...

            PODXS 070 Club #349
            Feld Hell Club #141
            30 Meter Digital Group #691
            Digital Modes Club #1243
            WARC Bands Century Club #20

            NZ4O Amateur & SWL Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.org

            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Les Hill M0ARM" <m0arm@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > The SignaLink USB does work with CMSK... well, I managed to configure it and
            > can transmit and am doing so on 10137 :)
            >
            > -Download the latest version of CMSK v1.0 Build 10.08.10
            > -Select SOUNDCARD, MIXER to open up the Windows Mixer - Select OPTIONS,
            > PROPERTIES and select the Mixer Device USB AUDIO CODEC.
            > -Select Adjust volume for PLAYBACK and ensure at least SPEAKER and WAVE are
            > ticked and click OK.
            > -Check and adjust SPEAKER and WAVE as necessary (the latter I have adjusted
            > to about 55%)
            > -Close Windows Mixer and restart the CMSK application.
            > -Select SOUNDCARD, AUDIO DEVICES and choose USB AUDIO CODEC for both SOUND
            > PLAYBACK and SOUND RECORDING, then APPLY and/or OK.
            > -Restart the CMSK application.
            >
            > I have found an error if you select and try to configure the AUDIO DEVICES
            > first then try to configure the Windows Mixer. It suggests there may be a
            > hardware problem and to reinstall it but this isn't necessary.
            >
            > Hopefully the above may help those with difficulty. Good luck!
            >
            > 73 Les M0ARM
            > IO80vp - Lulworth, Dorset, England
            >
            > 30MDG #2815
            > DMC #2771