Re: Re : contacts

  • Jonathan Helis KB5IAV
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
      > 1a. Re: Re : contacts
      > Posted by: "dl6xaz" dl6xaz@... dl6xaz
      > Date: Sun Aug 1, 2010 4:42 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Hi Jonathan
      > thanks for your comments, and well done on VK and ZL! As for Rob ZL30MDG don't forget he's got an outstanding antenna with which he can hear the grass grow on other continents! :-) As for my verticals, well, it's the poor man's alternative. No, joke and fictive envy apart, all of us got to live with what we got and make the best of it. Carry on with your attic loop: if it gives you that kind of DX, with the conditions slowly improving you will find some more interesting prefixes in your log. Best wishes!

      Thank you for the compliment. My antenna isn't the greatest, but it
      does work. In addition to what I've mentioned, I've also worked several
      European stations on 30PSK some months back when the band was better.
      I've also worked into Panama and the Caribean with it.

      I've also been trying some other digital modes on 30 and some of the
      other bands. I've been playing around with MFSK16 and DominoEX and have
      made a few contacts. These modes are pretty good and hope more start
      getting into them.

      If you can't set up the biggest, highest, antenna, build what you can
      and get on the air. You never know what you'll find.

      Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
      Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA

      30MDG# 2189