Re: [30MDG] Re: Rate our 30MDG Award Program, 30MDG site, & HamSpots on EHam

  • James - KB7TBT
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2010
      OH MY GOD!!!!
      Well if they let you in I guess I am a shoe in...hi hi..
      Glad to see you here, I hope to work you soon.
      Currently the band is up and down, 20 was just as bad so I jumped up here,
      it is a tad better but still tons of QSB, maybe the sun is playing tricks on
      us.

      James
      KB7TBT@...
      EM84km
      www.kb7tbt.com

      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2010
        Hi James KB7TBT,

        You bet, it is easy to join in and get a 30MDG number, joining is FREE:

        Go to the main 30MDG page:
        http://www.30mdg.net/index.html

        Then click on the join button:
        http://www.30mdg.net/join.html

        Like VE3NOO Michael said though, you do NOT have to be a member to join in, we appreciate all that do join in and participate with us but our main goal is to promote the 30 Meter Band and digital activity on the band. Michael makes a good point it sure doesn't change propagation if you have a 30MDG number or not hihi! Have fun at it...and yes I had a slight copy on both of you so you never know who is listening or where that old signal goes!

        de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

        below from my screen earlier today and yes, 30m is always good for a ragchew, sometimes nice to not use macros........

        btu james KB7TBT de michael ve3noo kn

        VE3NOO de KB7TBT
        Yes i am enjoying the band today, 20m was not doing well so i jumped up here to see what was happening and it seems to be doing better, there is still some qsb on the signals but for the most part you are FB.
        So BTU OM, VE3NOO de KB7TBT k

        KB7TBT de ve3noo
        ok james... 30mdg number here is 80 80 80 if you keep track .. i am a retired history professor and art muaeum director h licence as a retirement project h..a _tontfellowing my dad who was a ham for decades ... lot of good junk box to play with ... the qth here is on the lake shore with lots of space and distance from the neighbours in a semi rural area ....
        So btu James, KB7TBT de ve3noo k

        OVE3NOO de KB7TBT
        I dont keep track and i dont have a number, with all the time i speot i Ù to Don
        you wouldd think i weld have one by now.hi hi. MasRe iset ave e t ke gd.e f O one nl.p too iive on the lake, if yooeot APR a at KB- TBT you will see. I am in the middle of rebuilding a pontoon boat, i have had it out on the lake a few time this year, i am now
        utting a roof on it so i dont get sunburned as much. We are also going to go out camping on it, we have a camp stofe and a generator, the 4th of july we are going oput to the middle of the lake to have fun with some fireworkbTnIeo mef n i r
        ors "tt \ iiaeewsle · o a city hi rnco Btu, VE3NOO de KB7TBT k

        KB7TBT de ve3noo
        very good james ... well, the 30mdg initiative really improved the level of activity on this band i think bT whether one has a number or not makes no differenc to the propagation hi ... ok on the boat project ... we ayakers here ... nothing larger or m=powered by anythuining but armstrong !! there are some neighbours along the shore that keep there sail boats in the mooring off shore about 100 ft ... wery a rSsaow ent sandy along this sectiondfor the most part ... one of the sailboat is r¦sYeally a sailing catamaran which is a very handsome vessel but quite large to handle i think ...
        So btu James, KB7TBT de ve3noo k

        VE3NOO de KB7TBT
        The pontoon i have is 24ft long cs ygft didel i ml cld 1žŒople
        ut wrwill heve yrn lt Çst of the time, if tre kid somes with us then we could have 3 or 4, if we hafra
        I dont know if i weuld chanc wny mor then that, i am sure it eeould hold but it would not be eomnortable for very i og, te are islands out in the m8atV o: ie lekeE eo dh eways go out and canp on one of t..
        So BTU OM, VE3NOO de KB7TBT k

        KB7TBT de ve3noo
        and of course, you would take a radio with you and do some mm radio work hi ... ok james ... pleasure to meet to day on the band here and pleased to get your call in my log today ... take care and have a grand time on the 4th of july hu e l"-e hnl eeipeni of the summer here also with m T toojuly ... take care and good luck on the waterfall, james ... cuagn ...... 73 James and thank you
        i0sl info www.ve3noo.ca and qrz.com
        good luck and good dx.
        KB7TBT de ve3noo sk

        VE3NOO de KB7TBT
        Right now all i have on it is a HT, we have some good repeaters around here and we have an echolink machine close by as well.
        I dont know if ill ever put HF on it, i am thinking of APRS on the boat, i have a computer for it so i have navigation around the lake, i can just wire it into the system.
        Hope you have a good weekend what is left of it and hope to talk to you again!.
        VE3NOO de KB7TBT 73 OM and thanks for PSK31 QSO .
        VE3NOO de KB7TBT sk

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "James - KB7TBT" <kb7tbt@...> wrote:

        > Hey don, ok since I have been this group (and your others) and play on 30
        > all the time. I guess it is time for me to join up with you all.
        > I just had a great conversation with VE3NOO MGD#80 and I want to be a big
        > boy too..hi hi
        > I was telling him how I talk with you all the time and maybe it is time for
        > me to tug on your pant leg and be official.
        >
        > So tell me what do I need to do to get a MDG #....
        >
        > (PS: I keep typing MGD, maybe it is Beer:30?)
        >

        > James
        > KB7TBT@...
        > EM84km
        > www.kb7tbt.com
        >

        > > GA,
        > >
        > > We are lucky as a group to have good participation and we thank all of you
        > > for that. Our 30MDG Managers try to keep increasing activity on the 30
        > > Meter Band...we do this at no costs to any of our members, joining our
        > > group is FREE and so are all the other activities we provide i.e. 30MDG
        > > Awards, Ultimate 30 (U30) Award program, this Yahoo 30MDG forum/reflector,
        > > and Laurie's HamSpots 30 Meter Digital Spot page.
        > >
        > > We pretty much let YOU the members promote us by word of month and
        > > participation on the 30 Meter Band (listing us in your brag files as
        > > members or links to 30MDG, participating in our 30MDG weekends, etc).
        > >
        > > Nothing is asked of you money wise to support our efforts but we sure do
        > > appreciate those that take the time to let others know if they like our
        > > group. From time to time I do put out links to our group since we 30MDG
        > > for the most part are not that well known but mostly again leave it up to
        > > you folks to promote the group or the 30 Meter Band.
        > >
        > > If you have the time please rate us on EHam where we have a couple of
        > > places to rate 30MDG.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

      • zl3rg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2010
          Go to http://30mdg.net and click on the 'JOIN' button ... it is that easy!

          de Rob ZL3RG
          30MDG # 0003

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "James - KB7TBT" <kb7tbt@...> wrote:

          > Hey don, ok since I have been this group (and your others) and play on 30
          > all the time. I guess it is time for me to join up with you all.
          > I just had a great conversation with VE3NOO MGD#80 and I want to be a big
          > boy too..hi hi
          > I was telling him how I talk with you all the time and maybe it is time for
          > me to tug on your pant leg and be official.
          >
          > So tell me what do I need to do to get a MDG #....
          >
          > (PS: I keep typing MGD, maybe it is Beer:30?)
          >

          > James
          > KB7TBT@...
          > EM84km
          > www.kb7tbt.com
          >

          > > GA,
          > >
          > > We are lucky as a group to have good participation and we thank all of you
          > > for that. Our 30MDG Managers try to keep increasing activity on the 30
          > > Meter Band...we do this at no costs to any of our members, joining our
          > > group is FREE and so are all the other activities we provide i.e. 30MDG
          > > Awards, Ultimate 30 (U30) Award program, this Yahoo 30MDG forum/reflector,
          > > and Laurie's HamSpots 30 Meter Digital Spot page.
          > >
          > > We pretty much let YOU the members promote us by word of month and
          > > participation on the 30 Meter Band (listing us in your brag files as
          > > members or links to 30MDG, participating in our 30MDG weekends, etc).
          > >
          > > Nothing is asked of you money wise to support our efforts but we sure do
          > > appreciate those that take the time to let others know if they like our
          > > group. From time to time I do put out links to our group since we 30MDG
          > > for the most part are not that well known but mostly again leave it up to
          > > you folks to promote the group or the 30 Meter Band.
          > >
          > > If you have the time please rate us on EHam where we have a couple of
          > > places to rate 30MDG.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

        • James - KB7TBT
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2010
            Yes it was that easy, but..

            Something tells me I have done this a long time ago and just don't remember.
            Is there a way to check?

            James
            KB7TBT@...
            EM84km
            www.kb7tbt.com

            > Go to http://30mdg.net and click on the 'JOIN' button ... it is that
            > easy!
            >
            > de Rob ZL3RG
            > 30MDG # 0003

          • Joe Brown
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2010
              I did a search and only found you as 3727.
              73 – Joe W2JLB