Re: [30MDG] Re: Special thanks to ALL that make it interesting on 30m Band....different modes

  • Andy obrien
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2010
      FYI, I worked a Florida station today (1064 miles away) on 30 using ALE 400.  Both running modest power and homemade loops.  The mode beat us, we chatted for 30 minutes and was still going strong but our typing fingers got tired.  Very robust mode with error correction and full duplex chats (no waiting for an "over").  Seems perfect for 30M.

      Andy K3UK

      On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM, <pa3gwh@...> wrote:

      Such kind words and I was not around to reply :-(

      Thanks Don, did see some good activity Friday and Saturday between unpacking the suitcases from our trip to Germany and can only hope this continues (no, not the unpacking of the suitcases!). I am hoping to put the rotating dipole up soon and see some more activity then. Bart PA3HEA and I did put a different feed point on the magnetic loop just before I left and that sure made a BIG difference, we replaced the coupling loop with a T-match and the loop now tunes much easier, seems to have a bit tighter bandwidth when in resonance but much flatter SWR on all three bands it was designed for (20, 30, 40).

      So, hope to see you around Don, still need you for 3000-MA :-)

      de Richard PA3GWH