Skip to search.

Re: [30MDG] Contestia Activity in Europe

  • Joe Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2010
      Unfortunately the signal was not getting to North America. I saw absolutely nothing.
      73 – Joe W2JLB

      On 5/11/2010 6:47 AM, F1EUS@... wrote:

      Hi all,

      Monday 10 may I realized some contacts in Contestia 8/250 and 4/250 mode.
      My equipment was : IC-7400 running 30 W into a horizontal center-fed 43 m long (141') with a PC Pentium 4 and a MicroHAM interface Micro KEYER II (with its integrated sound-card, special for digimodes).
      Here, the realized contacts :

          UTC      CALLSIGN

      -  0732        G0UZP
      -  0754        OZ1BMO
      -  0851        DL6XAZ
      -  0903        EA1GUP
      -  0915        ON3JMD
      -  1002        DF1HK
      -  1359        OE4EPW
      -  1738        G4VLC
      -  1749        DB5PM
      -  1956        SV4FFL
      -  2007        SM4OYP
      -  2021        ES1HJ/QRP
      -  2031        EI9FV

      Finally, annoucing my calling frequency on the 30mdg list was not a good idea, it was a mistake.
      Before I began to call on 10142.5 kHz, the frequency was free and clean without any QRM.
      But after announcing this QRG on the 30mdg list, it was instantly the hell !
      Staying on the frequency during 15 minutes, I never could decode anyone or anything ...
      So, I migrated to 10143.0 kHz and I could operate without any QRM.

      Trying again next evening ? I like conestia 8/250 and 4/250.

      73 de JM F1EUS