Re: Special thanks to ALL that make it interesting on 30m Band....different modes

    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2010
      Phil,
      very good advices you give here.
      As for slow throughput modes, I just revert to standard CW abbreviations. KISS - keep it simple short. For some I don't have macros and simply type it in whilst xmitting.
      vy73 Fred DL6XAZ

    • pa3gwh@pa3gwh.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2010
        Such kind words and I was not around to reply :-(

        Thanks Don, did see some good activity Friday and Saturday between unpacking the suitcases from our trip to Germany and can only hope this continues (no, not the unpacking of the suitcases!). I am hoping to put the rotating dipole up soon and see some more activity then. Bart PA3HEA and I did put a different feed point on the magnetic loop just before I left and that sure made a BIG difference, we replaced the coupling loop with a T-match and the loop now tunes much easier, seems to have a bit tighter bandwidth when in resonance but much flatter SWR on all three bands it was designed for (20, 30, 40).

        So, hope to see you around Don, still need you for 3000-MA :-)

        de Richard PA3GWH

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

        > GE,
        >
        > I would like to put out a special thanks to many of you that experiment on the 30 Meter Band...with different digital modes, power, antennas, etc..it makes it a lot of fun and thank you!
        >
        > I know there are many of you that do have fun on the 30 Meter Band trying many different things and experimenting. A couple that come to mind in NA that I see in just about any mode are:
        >
        > Phil KA1GMN and Glenn WB2LMV
        >
        > A special thanks to them for always being in different digital modes and experimenting!
        >
        > A few in EU that come to mind is:
        >
        > Fred DL6XAZ, Barry M0IOW, Pez OE3EPW, and Richard PA3GWH
        >
        > There are many more of you that are included in making it interesting and we thank you for trying out the many digital modes available and experimenting on the band.
        >
        > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
        > www.30mdg.net

      • Andy obrien
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2010
          FYI, I worked a Florida station today (1064 miles away) on 30 using ALE 400.  Both running modest power and homemade loops.  The mode beat us, we chatted for 30 minutes and was still going strong but our typing fingers got tired.  Very robust mode with error correction and full duplex chats (no waiting for an "over").  Seems perfect for 30M.

          Andy K3UK