Hello Gang

  • Frank Krasnicki
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Has a 30 meter PSK net been started yet? If so, please post
      day/time. I'd be glad to participate.
      Just got back into hamming 2 1/2 years ago after a 30+ year hiatus.
      Started with digital modes right away, and love to operate PSK.

      I've cruised 30 meters about 2-3 times/week, and it sure does seem
      vacant...I've only made one 30 meter PSK contact.

      It seems that if you want to work PSK the only place with any
      consistent activity is 14.070.

      Rig here is an FT-897D, a Hustler ground mounted 6BTV vertical, fed
      through an MFJ 949E tuner.
      Generally, if stations are out there, I can hear them.

      If we don't start using these bands more often, we're going to lose
      them. There's a lot of spectrum-hungry groups out there that would
      love to lay their hands on 20 Khz of band space.

      This is a great effort to drum up interest in the band. Keep up the
      good work, and please keep us posted on any organized 30 meter
      activity
      Frank
      K1CRU