RTTY in PSK section

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2010
      Hi all,
      we all know that band plans are recommendations, and we tend sticking to them. My question is: why do so-called dxpeditions, rare prefix operators and other stns who consider themselves special think they can do what they want? The present operator in YI in the past days repeatedly ruins the psk section with his split operating, himself being on 10.139,8. We all know what happens when you say "up" and all cluster lurkers jump on....
      There is sufficient empty space above 10143 for rtty, mfsk and others. As long as this chap is on, you can forget about WSPR and PSK on 30m.
      I already worked YI repeatedly with an A1 operator some years ago, and there was no problem of this kind.
      Stepping down from the soap box.
      vy73 Fred DL6XAZ #988
    • Don Leitch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2010

        Because the band plan says they can, and until its changed legally  that’s what will happen, most abide by a gentleman’s agreement, but when it comes to dx

        People get excited and just do it. Just I guess be  glad we don’t have contests on 30 (oops a swear word) I guess with so many digital modes now its time  we looked at a bandplan that means something

        Don zl1atb

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2010
          At least the DXpedition will soon conclude and the lids will go away until next time. Meanwhile, Pactor is a daily & even hourly offender on the high end & just above PSK where Olivia & several other modes tend to hang out... Aren't there better modes out there than these obsolete band hogs?

          (curmudgeon mode: now OFF)

          Did anyone else get to comment to the ARRL when they asked for input regarding the next region 2 bandplan discussions? Almost missed it myself. Wish I had more time to have developed something more substantial in defense of digital modes. But I did make the point best as I could at the last minute. Hope some ARRL staffer who sees it is sympathetic to digital modes.

          Stu AF6IT