30MDG coin ?

  • k7cwq
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010
      I am not sure who to address this to,
      so here goes,
      I am also a member of the EPC.
      On their site they have for sale
      an EPC coin. It's about the size of
      a quarter.
      Is that something that the 30MDG could
      do also? A portion of the proceeds could
      go to the 30MDG cause.
      I would buy one for $20.
      Loren
      k7cwq
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010
        Hi Loren K7CWQ,

        Always good to see your call on the list but for sure on the band..always a pleasure.

        Loren I doubt we ever offer something like this because I'm not sure it is something that meets our 30mdg goals, which is just increasing digital acitivity on the 30 meter band.

        I think EPC is very large and they promote many bands, certificates, contests but only one mode and might need the money or donations for all they do for their members....we try to keep 30mdg FREE to all and we try to stay focused on increased digital activity on 30 meters and any and all digital modes...and of course good will, experimenting, good operating practice, and for those the wish participate a 30mdg Award program to thank those the participate with us on the band (some 25% of our members participate in our Award Program and that is a great percentage!).

        Our 30mdg managers have talked before on this issue and we wish not to have money involved...so we like to keep any and all 30MDG FREE to all to use if a member or not a member...our website, our spot page, our user list, our Awards, etc..all donated and all FREE.

        I have thought about maybe trying to find someone that would offer our logo on maybe cups, hats, or shirts etc but so far have not found one or looked really hard (if we do find any I think due to postage rates it would be nice to have one to choose in both the U.S. and in EU).

        Thanks for your support and wanting something like this but so far we are very happy with just meeting up on the band and promoting 30 meter activity...and like you making many friends along the way.

        Thanks
        Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
        www.30mdg.net