A UK dipole at 25 ft + CW = KH6's

  • raf3151019
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      I was reading a comment on a UK ham page today and this chap said his friend is using a dipole on 30 metres, 25 feet above ground, situated N-S to radiate over the North Pole and is regularly working KH'6's and KH7's using CW. If this is really possible why is it that users of PSK on 30 metres, with signals about as wide as CW, are not seeing traces and working KH6's ? One afternoon last week on 17 metres, there were a number of US stations in the SSB section, at the same time 18.100 was almost empty, with no Stateside stations.

      I was studying the 30 metre DX contacts to the US on the SK6AW DX cluster and only saw one UK station mentioned and he had a contact with our host KB9UMT. In fact, looking at all the information available the UK doesn't seem to have much DX representation anywhere !

      Kind regards, Mel G0GQK