Re : web receiver at PA3GWH

  • raf3151019
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 1:41 PM
      Regarding Richard's comment " Boy, I haven't seen the band this good in quite a while". The number of amateurs now using 30 metres is amazing, the change during the last three years has been quite dramatic.
      From 1988, when I used Pactor, until it died, up to 2006, 30 metres was almost un-used. I used to make CQ calls every morning during the week and if I was fortunate I perhaps had two or three contacts, usually with German stations.

      Mel G0GQK
    • o22sail@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 9:42 AM
        I concur!
        Good job gang!  :-)

        73,
        Trey- ki4itv
        30MDG #0002

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 4:34 AM
          Hi Mel and all,
          your observation is similar to mine. I had my first 30m QSO in 1989; until 2006 I had about 200 QSOs on that band, mainly in CW. Only thereafter and rigging a proper antenna the number jumped up. At the moment I have logged some 2300 on this band in total.
          But it is not only that there was an empty field to be explored but also that 1. it is contest-free 2. I observe a greater readiness to have full-blown QSOs, be it the 3x2 macros, be it a hand made personal chatter, and 3. the band offers amazing dx-opportunities.
          All of us should try to keep up the good operating and ham style which often lack on 40/20/15m.
          73s Fred DL6XAZ #988