New 30 metre PSK receiver

  • raf3151019
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      I sat watching the new Canadian screen for a time on the 1st Feb about 14.00 UTC and it really is very good. I was surprised to see how many European stations were being "seen" by the receiver from all over western Europe and also surprised that while I was watching, I never saw a Canadian or a US station.

      Perhaps this is because most PSK operators over there are not yet retired, but I did expect to see at least one. Something else which I observed was that the majority of the signals were not on 10.140, most were on or near .141 and some were on .142. yet I always operate on .140

      I also have the Netherlands receiver and I got the feeling that the antenna in Canada was picking up more European activity than the receiver in the Netherlands. These new additions to 30 metres are very interesting but they would be a darned sight more interesting if the sunspot count could get moving ! We really are getting a poor deal from the sun !

      Kind regards to all, Mel G0GQK