RE: [30MDG] Re: 30m PSK Receiver now online....WE HAVE A NA LIVE PSK ONLINE RXVR -THANKS!

  • Don Leitch
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2010

      Hi Don  and thanks I see you but never on my waterfall, when  the sunspots do their thing I am going to work yah

      I have an ic 7000 into a delta loop heaps of guys see my trace but I reckon my rig is a little deaf.

      I am also in a noisey location with high voltage overhead towers in two rows carrying 6 wires each they  hiss and cackle like old witches giving me an s9 floor level with the pre amp on I run a noise cancelling unit that shuts it back to s 7

      Those links,  nope all 3 lock up, I get  black background with a white centered square , instructions on what to click on and then everything hangs  and have to do a control alt delete to get out of it.

      Don zl1atb

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
        I have exactly the same problem here Don - it must be unique to ZL hi!

        73 de Rob

      • Don Leitch
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010

          Hey Rob who’s your ISP I  am with orcon I wonder if they do a block on that sort of traffic. I checked its not my firewall.

          Don zl1atb

          href="mailto:30MDG%40yahoogroups.com">30MDG@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
          > zl3rg
          > Sent: Monday, 1 February 2010 11:08 a.m.
          > To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [30MDG] Re: 30m PSK Receiver now online....WE HAVE A NA LIVE PSK
          > ONLINE RXVR -THANKS!
          >

          > Hi Don,
          >
          > It was the website 10 minutes after John's posting :-)
          >
          > de Rob
          >
          > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:30MDG%40yahoogroups.com> , "Don"
          > <dhobson123@> wrote:
          > >
          > > John VE1CDD,
          > >
          > > WOW...very cool! Thank you! And thanks to Richard too for getting all
          > these going. We finally now have a NA Live PSK Rxvr for 30m so I'm sure
          you
          > will get some hits and looks because your spot up there is unique that you
          > can cover most of NA and also work well into EU when some of use West of
          you
          > John can't see EU at all. This is very good and thank you for sharing this
          > and taking the time, money, and effort into doing this for us 30m digital
          > ops. I will be watching the action from FN84 NS Canada!
          > >
          > > Rob ZL3RG can you please add the new NA VE1CDD Online PSK Live Rxvr
          to the
          > 30MDG Homepage along with Richard's and Eddy's live one from EU??
          > >
          > > Laurie VK3AMA if you have time and I'm not sure if it will fit but
          somehow
          > can you add this also to the HamSpots for 30m page?
          > >
          > > Many thanks
          > >
          > > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
          > >

          > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:30MDG%40yahoogroups.com> , "ve1cdd"
          > <ve1cdd@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I now have a 30m PSK receiver on-line at
          href="http://ve1cdd.ham-radio-op.net.">http://ve1cdd.ham-radio-op.net.
          > > > <http://ve1cdd.ham-radio-op.net/>
          > > >
          > > > I would like to thank Richard (PA3GWH) for all his help and
          guidance in
          > > > this endeavour.
          > > >
          > > > The transceiver is a Yaesu FT-100D connected to a 30m vertical
          loop ( 3
          > > > meters above ground) and pointing north-south. The transceiver
          is on
          > > > 24/7. I also have Fldigi running and spotting to PskReporter
          24/7. The
          > > > receiver has a 2.4k filter, so you will not see the full
          spectrum of the
          > > > display.
          > > >
          > > > The computer is a tired Dell and is rather busy, so things might
          be
          > > > slow. In the near future, expect outages, as I will be playing
          with the
          > > > setup. If you are see only one strong signal, it probably is
          because I
          > > > am on the air.
          > > >
          > > > I shut down the computers from spring until late fall, so the
          receiver
          > > > will not be aviable then.
          > > >
          > > > 73
          > > >
          > > > John VE1CDD

        • Don Leitch
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010

            I have the live psk  links all working

            Rob I deleted all the java files via control panel remove programs. Seems I had a corrupted file I downloaded, and my java consol wasn’t working.

            Internet explorer then sent me to the java plugin and did a new install

          • pa3gwh@pa3gwh.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
              If this lock up occurs in every browser I am quite sure this is a Java issue and not ISP related. Do you by any chance have more than one java version installed?

              73 de Richard PA3GWH

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Don Leitch" <don@...> wrote:

              > Hey Rob who's your ISP I am with orcon I wonder if they do a block on that
              > sort of traffic. I checked its not my firewall.
              >
              > Don zl1atb

            • Don Leitch
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010

                Richard it was a java issue I uninstalled and reinstalled java and it works now

                Don zl1atb

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Don ZL1ATB glad you got it going, they are interesting to watch and monitor.

                  Richard PA3GWH thanks for the help.