30MDG Support for fellow ham

  • kb3nph
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hi all,
      I have a special request for this group.
      My brother-in-law and fellow ham Eric (N8XEN) has been confined to a wheelchair for the past 30+ years due to an industrial accident.

      About 15 or so years ago Eric was able to pass the no-code Tech license test and got involved in ham radio. He was very active for a short time with a local -meter club in Akron, OH, and has always wanted to advance, but due to a reduced mental capacity as a result of his accident, he has been unable to grasp and pass the requirements for a general license.

      To make a long story short, he has been recently diagnosed with colon cancer, which has spread to the rest of his body including his lungs and lymph nodes. He has just started Chemo a couple weeks ago and the prognosis is not all that good.

      To show our support for Eric in battling this dreaded disease, I am asking all members of this group if they would PLEASE send Eric a QSL
      card and add him to your prayers.

      Your cards and prayers will be greatly appreciated by Eric and his family.

      His QSL info is available on QRZ, and again his call sign is N8XEN.

      Thanks in advance for your support

      73s and God Bless all of you.

      Tim (KB3NPH)
    • F1rhx - Yahoo

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          Marc,
          Cards from anywhere in the world would be appreciated. Thanks for asking

          Tim (KB3NPH)