Re: Modes?

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009
      Hi Fred DL6XAZ and all,

      Good points Fred and I will try to address them best I can keeping in mind what I say is what we are geared for and that is 30 Meter Activity and for 30MDG Awards/Certificates.

      Below within your text my comments will start with ****

      **** This is very good Fred and that is what we are promoting..to experiment on 30 meters in different modes and or speeds but to experiment..the 30MDG Awards/Certificates is to acknowledge self accomplishment on the 30 Meter band and thank you for participating on the 30 Meter Band with us.

      **** I upload from time to time to eQSL but don't use eQSL..direct or buearu for me. Since we are not eQSL our 30MDG Awards/Certificates are programmed for 30MDG and of course we manually verify the applications via our Award Managers...if the mode is incorrect we let the applicant know to correct this and resubmit

      **** Good question and again one we have talked about because the digital modes are ever changing and that is always good to see new things. We are not sure how to address this or if we can but again we have talked about it. As far as the name of the mode again we review manually the applications.

      **** As of now you can write in any mode or make one up, but we as Award Managers will review and most likely catch to make sure the mode is correct. We have yet to set a 'standard' for U30 that I'm aware of unless John has done such and I'm unaware but for now we are all in this for fun and again self accomplishments with adding activity to the 30 Meter Band. Anytime there are issues with an application our Award Managers are available to email and discuss.

      **** Fred my idea of having a Multi-Mode Award/Certificate was to challenge others to not just use the most popular digital modes i.e. bpsk31 or RTTY etc but to explore and experiment with ALL digital modes under different band conditions and the like but to mainly experiment! I many times have had marginal copy 40% on Bpsk31 and something as simple as switching to Qpsk31 produce 80% copy and can finish the QSO..same with maybe Bpsk31 with no possiblities to copy much of anything but only see a trace by switching to MFSK or OLIVIA and depending on band activity remembering to be kind to the space we all are allowed to use thus remembering band width of each sub mode or speed. I hope this is giving you the impression that the Multi-Mode 30MDG Award/Certificate is not only the QSO but the experimenting of the Modes available...that was our intent to offer these Multi-Mode Awards/Certificates.

      **** I think you might be right but again it was something I wanted others to know we have discussed. We have a very dedicated group of ops that really do try to make things possible...and I appreciate everyone that participates on the 30 Meter Band and in 30MDG.

      > Thanks for your attention.
      > vy73 Fred DL6XAZ #988

      **** Thank you Fred for your questions, your help, your participation, and for even the direct emails you have given me personally...very much appreciated!

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001