Re: I like RSID but

  • kc2qfr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
      I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only xmit RSID on a CQ call.

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "kc2qfr" <kc2qfr@...> wrote:

      > Excellent suggestion. I discovered that this weekend.
      >
      > It is painful to both stations in a qso since it delays each of your transmissions. 73 Fred
      >
      > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Alan G" <n2slb@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It should only be sent on CQ. If used during qso very annoying to the other party and others using it. It keeps popping up needlessly. I will bravely try to 30 meters today. Maybe I will make one contact. Look for me please. My favorite is psk-63 but will try anything. That is the point of the hobby. 73 Bob

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
        I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only
        xmit RSID on a CQ call.

        There is, just put <rsid> in your CQ only.
        I have two CQ macro's one with <rsid> for the harder to spot modes and one
        without <rsid> for BPSK.
        73
        Barry M0IOW
      • kc2qfr
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
          Great Thanks Barry....Everyone should do that. How can we make sure everyone sees that suggestion?

          73 de Fred KC2QFR