Re: I like RSID but

  • kc2qfr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
      Excellent suggestion. I discovered that this weekend.

      It is painful to both stations in a qso since it delays each of your transmissions. 73 Fred

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Alan G" <n2slb@...> wrote:

      > It should only be sent on CQ. If used during qso very annoying to the other party and others using it. It keeps popping up needlessly. I will bravely try to 30 meters today. Maybe I will make one contact. Look for me please. My favorite is psk-63 but will try anything. That is the point of the hobby. 73 Bob

    • kc2qfr
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
        I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only xmit RSID on a CQ call.

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "kc2qfr" <kc2qfr@...> wrote:

        > Excellent suggestion. I discovered that this weekend.
        >
        > It is painful to both stations in a qso since it delays each of your transmissions. 73 Fred
        >
        > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Alan G" <n2slb@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It should only be sent on CQ. If used during qso very annoying to the other party and others using it. It keeps popping up needlessly. I will bravely try to 30 meters today. Maybe I will make one contact. Look for me please. My favorite is psk-63 but will try anything. That is the point of the hobby. 73 Bob

      • Barry
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
          I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only
          xmit RSID on a CQ call.

          There is, just put <rsid> in your CQ only.
          I have two CQ macro's one with <rsid> for the harder to spot modes and one
          without <rsid> for BPSK.
          73
          Barry M0IOW
        • kc2qfr
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
            Great Thanks Barry....Everyone should do that. How can we make sure everyone sees that suggestion?

            73 de Fred KC2QFR