I like RSID but

  • Alan G
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2009
      It should only be sent on CQ. If used during qso very annoying to the other party and others using it. It keeps popping up needlessly. I will bravely try to 30 meters today. Maybe I will make one contact. Look for me please. My favorite is psk-63 but will try anything. That is the point of the hobby. 73 Bob
    • kc2qfr
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
        Excellent suggestion. I discovered that this weekend.

        It is painful to both stations in a qso since it delays each of your transmissions. 73 Fred

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
          I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only xmit RSID on a CQ call.

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "kc2qfr" <kc2qfr@...> wrote:

          > Excellent suggestion. I discovered that this weekend.
          >
          > It is painful to both stations in a qso since it delays each of your transmissions. 73 Fred
          >
          > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Alan G" <n2slb@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It should only be sent on CQ. If used during qso very annoying to the other party and others using it. It keeps popping up needlessly. I will bravely try to 30 meters today. Maybe I will make one contact. Look for me please. My favorite is psk-63 but will try anything. That is the point of the hobby. 73 Bob

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
            I primarily use DM780. It would be great if there were an option to only
            xmit RSID on a CQ call.

            There is, just put <rsid> in your CQ only.
            I have two CQ macro's one with <rsid> for the harder to spot modes and one
            without <rsid> for BPSK.
            73
            Barry M0IOW
          • kc2qfr
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
              Great Thanks Barry....Everyone should do that. How can we make sure everyone sees that suggestion?

              73 de Fred KC2QFR