30MDG over 2,800 members.......still growing

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2009
      GE,
      Well...member RA9OO Yuri Iskitim RUSSIA our member number 2,800 for 30MDG. Will we hit 3,000 members by the end of the year? Who knows but the 30 Meter Band is busy with digital activity so that is all that matters!

      I'm sorry that I am behind some and not as active the last month or so but have too many family activities at the moment so hope to have more time once the cold wx gets here to get back on the band and more involved again.

      I will note that although I didn't have a chance to reply about our '30 Meter Multi-Mode Weekend' it did go well...at least here in NA. I know EPC had a contest that weekend so maybe that is why that weekend the EU activity was low but my screen was busy here in NA and many ops here trying many different modes. Andy's (K3UK) had a great idea of turning on the RISD and I would not believe how many different mode pop up alarms I had on HRD DM780...and better yet how neat it worked! I had many emails about the event and all positive and wondering if we will do this again..I say YES we will, was fun and good to experiment with the many different modes. One other good note is those using the wider modes from here anyway did stay clear of 10.140 to 10.142 so most the wider modes were above 10.142 leaving the PSK area of the 30m band clear of wide signals (also good to see for those lower power stations from 10.140 to 10.141..JT65, WSPR, PropNet, and PSK/QRP ops).

      I will check what all is going on with the other 30MDG Award Managers but I'm sure from the looks of 30MDG Awards issued they are hard at it and busy.

      Thanks
      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

      Below for those interested is a listing and breakdown of some 30MDG numbers and Awards issued to date:

      Membership Awards Summary
      Total Club members: 2808
      Total Club awards: 69

      Total individual awards issued: 6702