File - 30MDG Members Weekend-1st Weekend every month

  • 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 1, 2009
      30MDG Member Weekends (2009)

      April 4th and 5th

      May 2nd and 3rd

      June 6th and 7th

      July 4th and 5th

      August 1st and 2nd

      September 5th and 6th

      October 3rd and 4th

      November 7th and 8th

      December 5th and 6th

      30MDG Members Weekends...please join in with other 30MDG Members and get on the 30 Meter Band these weekends. Get on the band and have some fun from ragchew to other 30MDG Members to DX 30MDG Members...or try some modes other than BPSK31 (like Hell, WSJT WSPR/ WSJT JT65, MFSK, Olivia, etc). Suggested 10.140 to 10.141 qrp lower wattage PSK, 10.141 to 10.142 PSK, wider modes above 10.142 again suggested...also suggested best times if you only have a few hours is from 2000z to 2300z. Have fun and hope to see you on the waterfall.

      http://www.hamspots.net/30/
    • 30MDG@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
            With 30 MDG Members Weekend coming at us...

            I have fldigi and MultiPSK up and running in the shack, so there are a wide selection of modes are avaiable.

            Maybe there is a mode or two that is off the beaten path that you would like to take out for a test drive?

            philw de ka1gmn

          • 30MDG@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 1, 2010
                    These are on Sunday/Monday? Or is this the list from last year and everything has shifted one day?  The list says 2009.

                    ====================
                    Dave
                    K3DCW

                    Real radio bounces off the sky

                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 1, 2010
                      Hello Dave K3DCW and all,

                      Sorry...my mistake and error on that. I have deleted all those reminders so I hope they will no longer post to the group. I will have to look into dates for 2010. Thank you for reminding me and again sorry for the confusion.

                      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

                    • 30MDG@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                          Maybe it is time to update this auto-posting with a list of 2010 dates? :-)

                          73
                          -chris N2YYZ

[...]

                        • Eddy Vaesen
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                            It's the 1st of april  ;-) ???

                            Regards, 73
                            ON7KEI de Eddy

                            http://www.on7kei.be

                            ====================================

                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                              Chris N2YYZ, Eddy ON7KEI and all,

                              I would like to think it was like Eddy said and an 'April fools' but the only fool was me (kb9umt) not knowing this file as still marked to be sent monthly!

                              My mistake and I thought I had all the Yahoo Calendar Reminders off for those 2009 Member Weekends but I forgot about the monthly file that was marked to be sent to the group...my error and my apology.

                              I'm not sure the Member Weekends are needed for 2010 forward since the 30 Meter Band seems to be active most weekends...What do you all think? We can sure put them on the list and reminder again if others here think they are still needed.

                              Thanks
                              Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

                              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Vaesen <eddy@...> wrote:

                              > It's the 1st of april ;-) ???
                              >
                              > Regards, 73
                              > ON7KEI de Eddy
                              >
                              > http://www.on7kei.be
                              >
                              > ====================================
                              >

                              > 2010/4/1 Chris Danis <cdanis@...>
                              >

                              > > Maybe it is time to update this auto-posting with a list of 2010 dates? :-)
                              > >
                              > > 73
                              > > -chris N2YYZ
                              > >

                              > > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM, <30MDG@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              > >

                              > >> 30MDG Member Weekends (2009)
                              > >>
                              > >> April 4th and 5th
                              > >>
                              > >> May 2nd and 3rd
                              > >>
                              > >> June 6th and 7th
                              > >>
                              > >> July 4th and 5th
                              > >>
                              > >> August 1st and 2nd
                              > >>
                              > >> September 5th and 6th
                              > >>
                              > >> October 3rd and 4th
                              > >>
                              > >> November 7th and 8th
                              > >>
                              > >> December 5th and 6th
                              > >>
                              > >> 30MDG Members Weekends...please join in with other 30MDG Members and get
                              > >> on the 30 Meter Band these weekends. Get on the band and have some fun from
                              > >> ragchew to other 30MDG Members to DX 30MDG Members...or try some modes other
                              > >> than BPSK31 (like Hell, WSJT WSPR/ WSJT JT65, MFSK, Olivia, etc). Suggested
                              > >> 10.140 to 10.141 qrp lower wattage PSK, 10.141 to 10.142 PSK, wider modes
                              > >> above 10.142 again suggested...also suggested best times if you only have a
                              > >> few hours is from 2000z to 2300z. Have fun and hope to see you on the
                              > >> waterfall.
                              > >>
                              > >> http://www.hamspots.net/30/
                              > >>

                              > --

                            • Jerry Johnston
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                                Don,

                                I would like to request that we continue to encourage activity on the same
                                schedule as before. I am antenna challenged and it helps when activity is
                                concentrated as happens when we have our "special weekends."

                                Additionally, although I am retired, I am working full time on the U. S.
                                Census so my operating time is limited. Every bit of concentrated activity
                                helps if I am not working at the time.

                                Whatever is decided, I vote with the majority. I have never met a nicer
                                group than those we find on this band, and especially on this list.

                                72 and 73,
                                Jerry
                                AF6MW
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 8, 2010
                                  Hello Jerry AF6MW,

                                  Thank you for the reply and sorry my reply was so slow (Spring Break here and the kids seem to think they are on vacation hihi). I'm not sure these are needed any longer since most times when I turn the rig on in the shack there is activity now on the 30 meter band most anytime (of course not as active here in the States as it is in EU). Your repsonse was the only one thus far in favor of keeping these and no others have replied. If I get more replies saying keep them then we will do just that and put a schedule back up for 2010 and on the 30MDG main site. Not sure but so far I don't think needed...maybe something I can put in the 'Polls' section and we see what others think if they wish not to reply in a message post here.

                                  Thanks again though for your reply....btw when you say 'antenna challenged' what kind of antenna for 30m are you using? I have had great success in making many a contact on many of ops on 30m with limited antennas or qrp power so the band is open just at times either contitions/prop not there or the band in good shape and no one around at the moment....keep at it though and you will have success.

                                  Any others want to reply to this subject in favor or against monthly members weekends? Please feel free to do so here or email kb9umt AT arrl.net

                                  We also still plan on a few 30mdg 'event' weekends but just a few a year so although we don't plan many I think those are still fun but not sure what others think of keeping those or not keeping those too.

                                  Thanks

                                  Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

                                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Johnston" <jjohnston3@...> wrote:

                                  > Don,
                                  >
                                  > I would like to request that we continue to encourage activity on the same
                                  > schedule as before. I am antenna challenged and it helps when activity is
                                  > concentrated as happens when we have our "special weekends."
                                  >
                                  > Additionally, although I am retired, I am working full time on the U. S.
                                  > Census so my operating time is limited. Every bit of concentrated activity
                                  > helps if I am not working at the time.
                                  >
                                  > Whatever is decided, I vote with the majority. I have never met a nicer
                                  > group than those we find on this band, and especially on this list.
                                  >
                                  > 72 and 73,
                                  > Jerry
                                  > AF6MW

                                • Jerry Johnston
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 11, 2010
                                    Don,

                                    Sorry to be late responding to your email but was working and away for a
                                    time. By "antenna challenged" I meant that I live in a CC&R community where
                                    visible antennas are not a good idea. I have experimented with verticals
                                    which I temporarily attach to a vehicle parked in my driveway. These have
                                    been both home brew and Hamstick variety but all were less than ideal.

                                    Currently I am using a 1/4 wave horizontally mounted piece of 28 gauge wire
                                    using a piece of aluminum flashing on my roof as a counterpoise. This works
                                    fairly well and, of course, all of them will appear to be better as
                                    conditions improve due to sunspot activity.

                                    Jerry
                                    AF6MW