Re: [30MDG] Salute to HAM AMers (again)

  • Phil Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 7:31 PM
      Fantastic!!   I watched is four times.  Now, I need an intervention.

      philw de ka1gmn

      On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM, n4qlb <n4qlb@...> wrote:

      You can't watch this just once!

      http://tinyurl.com/nkmmy3

      Mike
      N4QLB

    • aa1ik@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hello Group,

        I listened to the "AM'ers" when I lived in New England. They were foul mouthed, gross, and despicapble; and displayed behavior that was very far from the spirit of Ham Radio.

        Every town has a "Bad Section" where you don't let your kids play.

        The AM section of 75 meters was like that as heard in New England when I lived there in the 1990's. I don't know what its like there now.

        It was the "Bad Section of Town" in ham radio.

        Nice video with great equipment, and I hope the hams portrayed here were not like the ones who did the kind of gross things on the air in New England.

        There are too many good things to do in ham radio to even go back to 75 meter AM and see if its like that in other places. I don't even have an antenna for it now.

        de AA1IK/P

        Ernest Gregoire

        Geezer, Portable