RE: [30MDG] JT65A

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009

      Not picking on you especially Chris, but posting CQ’s via email is getting to be an irritating habit on this group.  It fills up the mailboxes and phones of a couple of thousand plus members with a meaningless email.

      There is a very nice 30 meter spotting cluster that is written by a member of the group that allows self spots and CQ’s and is what I would be monitoring if I was by the radio, not email.

      Maybe I am off base here, what do others think?

      73, Mike

        No Problem Mike will use spotter from now on BTW I do use the spotter as
        well

        N9JCA Chris 30MDG #333

        Mike wrote:

        > Not picking on you especially Chris, but posting CQ’s via email is
        > getting to be an irritating habit on this group. It fills up the
        > mailboxes and phones of a couple of thousand plus members with a
        > meaningless email.
        >
        > There is a very nice 30 meter spotting cluster that is written by a
        > member of the group that allows self spots and CQ’s and is what I
        > would be monitoring if I was by the radio, not email.
        >
        > Maybe I am off base here, what do others think?
        >
        > 73, Mike

      • Barry
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009

          Yes  best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/

          e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.

          73

          Barry M0IOW

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
            This is true Barry. I just received this email along with the 4 previous posts in digest form on 8/05/09 at 6:15 AM although it was sent on 8/04/09 at 2:54 PM.

            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

            > Yes best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/
            >
            > e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.
            >
            > 73
            >
            > Barry M0IOW

          • Jesse
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
              Or if you're like me and receive a daily digest from the Yahoo Group I'm seeing the spots a good day afterwards =D

              73

              ..jesse..
              WB5NPW

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

              > Yes best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/
              >
              > e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Barry M0IOW

            • Glenn L. Roeser
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 19, 2010
                Good Day Laurie (VK3AMA)
                Thank you very much for a very exciting QSO on JT65A!
                You certainly may me very happy this evening.
                73 to all, Glenn (WB2LMV)