JT65A

  • Christopher Matthews
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
      calling CQ 10138.000 JT65A 2nd

      N9JCA Chris 30MDG # 333
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009

        Not picking on you especially Chris, but posting CQ’s via email is getting to be an irritating habit on this group.  It fills up the mailboxes and phones of a couple of thousand plus members with a meaningless email.

        There is a very nice 30 meter spotting cluster that is written by a member of the group that allows self spots and CQ’s and is what I would be monitoring if I was by the radio, not email.

        Maybe I am off base here, what do others think?

        73, Mike

          No Problem Mike will use spotter from now on BTW I do use the spotter as
          well

          N9JCA Chris 30MDG #333

          Mike wrote:

          > Not picking on you especially Chris, but posting CQ’s via email is
          > getting to be an irritating habit on this group. It fills up the
          > mailboxes and phones of a couple of thousand plus members with a
          > meaningless email.
          >
          > There is a very nice 30 meter spotting cluster that is written by a
          > member of the group that allows self spots and CQ’s and is what I
          > would be monitoring if I was by the radio, not email.
          >
          > Maybe I am off base here, what do others think?
          >
          > 73, Mike

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009

            Yes  best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/

            e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.

            73

            Barry M0IOW

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
              This is true Barry. I just received this email along with the 4 previous posts in digest form on 8/05/09 at 6:15 AM although it was sent on 8/04/09 at 2:54 PM.

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

              > Yes best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/
              >
              > e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Barry M0IOW

            • Jesse
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 5, 2009
                Or if you're like me and receive a daily digest from the Yahoo Group I'm seeing the spots a good day afterwards =D

                73

                ..jesse..
                WB5NPW

                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

                > Yes best to use: http://www.hamspots.net/30/
                >
                > e-mails can arrive long after you have given up and gone to bed hi hi.
                >
                > 73
                >
                > Barry M0IOW

              • Glenn L. Roeser
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 19, 2010
                  Good Day Laurie (VK3AMA)
                  Thank you very much for a very exciting QSO on JT65A!
                  You certainly may me very happy this evening.
                  73 to all, Glenn (WB2LMV)