HamSpots.net back online

  • Laurie, VK3AMA
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      Sorry for the extended downtime of HamSpots.net

      It is now back online.

      Some things to note.

      -- New simpler URLs for band/mode/group pages and rss feeds for each.
      -- The 30M page URL is http://www.HamSpots.net/30/
      -- The 30M RSS feed (of local spots) URL is http://www.HamSpots.net/rss/30/
      -- Spots are "Local" and don't go to the live "Cluster".
      -- Cluster spots are filtered for the appropriate Band/mode display.
      -- Auto lookup and display of Club membership numbers in both Local and
      Cluster displays.
      -- Club membership numbers are also included in the RSS feed of Local spots.
      -- You only need to "Sign In' if you want to post spots and messages.
      -- Guest mode allows you to view spots without the need to "Sign In".
      -- Your login Name & Callsign are remembered between browser sessions
      (if you have cookies enabled).

      I have tested the page layouts extensively in several modern standards
      compliant browsers (Firefox, Safari, etc) as well as older versions of
      Internet Explorer (which usually breaks page layouts). If you experience
      broken pages/layouts, please let me know.

      73 de Laurie, VK3AMA
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > Sorry for the extended downtime of HamSpots.net
        >
        > It is now back online.

        Thanks Laurie, VK3AMA.
        Barry M0IOW
      • Dan Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
          Thanks so much Laurie,
          I was so very happy to see it back on this morning when I checked.... We all thank you for your time & work that you do for the 30MDG
          73
          Dan/KD7UFF

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
            What a great job!
            tnx k8mcn

            ---
            Virus Database (VPS): 090801-0, 08/01/2009
            Tested on: 8/2/2009 9:53:22 AM