From ice to wind......antenna damage again - 80+MHP

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2009
      GE,

      We had one heck of a storm here and straight line winds of over 80+MPH so my 30m antenna is down so not sure we can tune her up or get over the pond with it but will have to switch to the vertical or 80m loop wire that usually are not as good for DX. Hope to see you on the waterfall and I hope to be repaired again in the next month or two.

      One other thing to report my 30m Auto Spotter has been on the inside random wire so if you are getting spotted by me you have one hell of a signal that is going below ground on a 30ft or so random wire! I hope in the next weeks to come these storms calm down but so far we have had a series of these so I have been using the inside wire for the 30m Auto Spotter most the time as of late.

      Thanks
      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      owner/moderator