RE: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: Congrats to Rene F5TTI- 2nd DX op for WAS

  • Brad - K7PWL
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
      Congrats Rene!!

      From: Don [mailto:dhobson123@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 8:00 PM
      To: 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: Congrats to Rene F5TTI- 2nd DX op for WAS

      GE,
      I guess the 'key' is out for WAS...congrats to Rene F5TTI for 30MDG WAS!

      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Don" <dhobson123@ ...> wrote:

      > GE,
      > Just a
      quick congrats to Paul F2YT for submitting his 30 Meter WAS log/application. Paul is our first DX op to complete the 30MDG WAS Award.

      > One
      more note about 30m WAS is that I see a number of station daily now calling for States needed so it looks like we have a few now going for this 30MDG WAS Award (or the ARRL/Lotw/EQsl Awards too). It is nice to see this on the 30 Meter Band and there are now many digi ops on the 30 Meter Band to completed this so have fun at it and we know many more of you are very close only needing a few more States. GL on the Band!

      > Don kb9umt
      30MDG#0001

    • Jonathan Helis KB5IAV
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
        Congratulations to F2YT and F5TTI for getting 30 meter WAS. Funny
        coincidence is I worked both of them last week on 30 meters, for my
        first European contacts ever on that band.

        Keep up the great work.

        Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
        Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
      • Bruce N7XB
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
          Congrats Paul and Rene!

          I worked F2YT last night, and I set my station clock by F5TTI's signal every night.

          BTW: ARRL accepted my applicaton for the dual endorsement of 30 Meter WAS/PSK31, to go with my 30MDG WAS #002 (behind our illustrious leader Don, who snagged WAS #001).

          And if anyone needs Oregon for 30 meter WAS/LoTW, please let me know.

          Bruce N7XB
          Portland OR
          30MDG #0027
        • Laurie, VK3AMA
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
            Well done Bruce.

            I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
            use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)

            de Laurie, VK3AMA

            Bruce N7XB wrote:
            > Congrats Paul and Rene!
            >
            > I worked F2YT last night, and I set my station clock by F5TTI's signal every night.
            >
            > BTW: ARRL accepted my applicaton for the dual endorsement of 30 Meter WAS/PSK31, to go with my 30MDG WAS #002 (behind our illustrious leader Don, who snagged WAS #001).
            >
            > And if anyone needs Oregon for 30 meter WAS/LoTW, please let me know.
            >
            > Bruce N7XB
            > Portland OR
            > 30MDG #0027

          • Laurie, VK3AMA
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
              If anyone has contact with Peter DF5WB, please tell him all emails to
              him are bouncing with 'User Unknown' messages. He has a club membership
              certificate waiting collection.

              His email listed on qrz.com is that same as registered with the club
              which is failing.

              If I could get an alternate email address I will forward his Club
              Certificate details.

              de Laurie, VK3AMA
            • o22sail@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 5, 2009
                I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.
                Are there really any hams in ND?
                ;-)

                73,
                Trey- ki4itv
                30MDG #0002

                From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...>

                Well done Bruce.

                I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)

                de Laurie, VK3AMA

              • Rob
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 5, 2009
                  Hi Trey

                  Yes there are Hams in ND - I worked two of them this week on 30 Meters CW ... W0TUP and also WA5TLP - being in the right spot at the right time helps .... as does skeds ;-)

                  73 de Rob
                  ZL3RG (Weakest station in the Nation!)

                  --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <o22sail@...> wrote:

                  > I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.Are there really any hams in ND?
                  > ;-)
                  >
                  > 73,
                  >
                  > Trey- ki4itv
                  >
                  > 30MDG #0002
                  >
                  > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...>
                  >

                  > Well done Bruce.
                  >

                  > I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                  >
                  > use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)
                  >

                  > de Laurie, VK3AMA

                • Bruce N7XB
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 6, 2009
                    Rob & Trey:

                    That's correct. My 30 meter North Dakota qso/qsl for WAS was Virgil WA5TLP on 05-SEP-2008. I also worked Virgil on 6 meter SSB on 29-JUL-2007, giving me a new grid (DN88) and a new state (ND) confirmed on 6 meters.

                    I haven't seen or heard Virgil on the air lately, but when he is on, that WA5TLP signal is strong and unmistakable.

                    Bruce N7XB
                    Portland OR
                    30MDG #0027

                    --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <richmar@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Trey
                    >
                    > Yes there are Hams in ND - I worked two of them this week on 30 Meters CW ... W0TUP and also WA5TLP - being in the right spot at the right time helps .... as does skeds ;-)
                    >
                    > 73 de Rob
                    > ZL3RG (Weakest station in the Nation!)
                    >

                    > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <o22sail@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.Are there really any hams in ND?
                    > > ;-)
                    > >
                    > > 73,
                    > >
                    > > Trey- ki4itv
                    > >
                    > > 30MDG #0002
                    > >
                    > > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@>
                    > >

                    > > Well done Bruce.
                    > >

                    > > I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                    > >
                    > > use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)
                    > >

                    > > de Laurie, VK3AMA

                  • Laurie, VK3AMA