Congrats to Paul F2YT- 1st DX op for WAS

    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2009
      GE,
      Just a quick congrats to Paul F2YT for submitting his 30 Meter WAS log/application. Paul is our first DX op to complete the 30MDG WAS Award.

      One more note about 30m WAS is that I see a number of station daily now calling for States needed so it looks like we have a few now going for this 30MDG WAS Award (or the ARRL/Lotw/EQsl Awards too). It is nice to see this on the 30 Meter Band and there are now many digi ops on the 30 Meter Band to completed this so have fun at it and we know many more of you are very close only needing a few more States. GL on the Band!

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2009
        GE,
        I guess the 'key' is out for WAS...congrats to Rene F5TTI for 30MDG WAS!

        de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

        > GE,
        > Just a quick congrats to Paul F2YT for submitting his 30 Meter WAS log/application. Paul is our first DX op to complete the 30MDG WAS Award.
        >
        > One more note about 30m WAS is that I see a number of station daily now calling for States needed so it looks like we have a few now going for this 30MDG WAS Award (or the ARRL/Lotw/EQsl Awards too). It is nice to see this on the 30 Meter Band and there are now many digi ops on the 30 Meter Band to completed this so have fun at it and we know many more of you are very close only needing a few more States. GL on the Band!
        >
        > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

      • Brad - K7PWL
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
          Congrats Rene!!

          I guess the 'key' is out for WAS...congrats to Rene F5TTI for 30MDG WAS!

          de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Don" <dhobson123@ ...> wrote:

          > GE,
          > Just a
          quick congrats to Paul F2YT for submitting his 30 Meter WAS log/application. Paul is our first DX op to complete the 30MDG WAS Award.

          > One
          more note about 30m WAS is that I see a number of station daily now calling for States needed so it looks like we have a few now going for this 30MDG WAS Award (or the ARRL/Lotw/EQsl Awards too). It is nice to see this on the 30 Meter Band and there are now many digi ops on the 30 Meter Band to completed this so have fun at it and we know many more of you are very close only needing a few more States. GL on the Band!

          > Don kb9umt
          30MDG#0001

        • Jonathan Helis KB5IAV
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2009
            Congratulations to F2YT and F5TTI for getting 30 meter WAS. Funny
            coincidence is I worked both of them last week on 30 meters, for my
            first European contacts ever on that band.

            Keep up the great work.

            Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
            Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
          • Bruce N7XB
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
              Congrats Paul and Rene!

              I worked F2YT last night, and I set my station clock by F5TTI's signal every night.

              BTW: ARRL accepted my applicaton for the dual endorsement of 30 Meter WAS/PSK31, to go with my 30MDG WAS #002 (behind our illustrious leader Don, who snagged WAS #001).

              And if anyone needs Oregon for 30 meter WAS/LoTW, please let me know.

              Bruce N7XB
              Portland OR
              30MDG #0027
            • Laurie, VK3AMA
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
                Well done Bruce.

                I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)

                de Laurie, VK3AMA

                Bruce N7XB wrote:
                > Congrats Paul and Rene!
                >
                > I worked F2YT last night, and I set my station clock by F5TTI's signal every night.
                >
                > BTW: ARRL accepted my applicaton for the dual endorsement of 30 Meter WAS/PSK31, to go with my 30MDG WAS #002 (behind our illustrious leader Don, who snagged WAS #001).
                >
                > And if anyone needs Oregon for 30 meter WAS/LoTW, please let me know.
                >
                > Bruce N7XB
                > Portland OR
                > 30MDG #0027

              • Laurie, VK3AMA
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
                  If anyone has contact with Peter DF5WB, please tell him all emails to
                  him are bouncing with 'User Unknown' messages. He has a club membership
                  certificate waiting collection.

                  His email listed on qrz.com is that same as registered with the club
                  which is failing.

                  If I could get an alternate email address I will forward his Club
                  Certificate details.

                  de Laurie, VK3AMA
                • o22sail@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 5, 2009
                    I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.
                    Are there really any hams in ND?
                    ;-)

                    73,
                    Trey- ki4itv
                    30MDG #0002

                    From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...>

                    Well done Bruce.

                    I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                    use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)

                    de Laurie, VK3AMA

                  • Rob
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 5, 2009
                      Hi Trey

                      Yes there are Hams in ND - I worked two of them this week on 30 Meters CW ... W0TUP and also WA5TLP - being in the right spot at the right time helps .... as does skeds ;-)

                      73 de Rob
                      ZL3RG (Weakest station in the Nation!)

                      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <o22sail@...> wrote:

                      > I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.Are there really any hams in ND?
                      > ;-)
                      >
                      > 73,
                      >
                      > Trey- ki4itv
                      >
                      > 30MDG #0002
                      >
                      > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...>
                      >

                      > Well done Bruce.
                      >

                      > I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                      >
                      > use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)
                      >

                      > de Laurie, VK3AMA

                    • Bruce N7XB
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 6, 2009
                        Rob & Trey:

                        That's correct. My 30 meter North Dakota qso/qsl for WAS was Virgil WA5TLP on 05-SEP-2008. I also worked Virgil on 6 meter SSB on 29-JUL-2007, giving me a new grid (DN88) and a new state (ND) confirmed on 6 meters.

                        I haven't seen or heard Virgil on the air lately, but when he is on, that WA5TLP signal is strong and unmistakable.

                        Bruce N7XB
                        Portland OR
                        30MDG #0027

                        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <richmar@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Trey
                        >
                        > Yes there are Hams in ND - I worked two of them this week on 30 Meters CW ... W0TUP and also WA5TLP - being in the right spot at the right time helps .... as does skeds ;-)
                        >
                        > 73 de Rob
                        > ZL3RG (Weakest station in the Nation!)
                        >

                        > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <o22sail@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I think Laurie has a great idea Bruce and I'm in full support of your relocation to the ever elusive North Dakota.Are there really any hams in ND?
                        > > ;-)
                        > >
                        > > 73,
                        > >
                        > > Trey- ki4itv
                        > >
                        > > 30MDG #0002
                        > >
                        > > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > From: Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@>
                        > >

                        > > Well done Bruce.
                        > >

                        > > I don't need OR, but if you could manage to relocate to ND, I could sure
                        > >
                        > > use an ND LoTW contact to complete my LoTW only WAS ;-)
                        > >

                        > > de Laurie, VK3AMA

                      • Laurie, VK3AMA