Re: April 4th & 5th 30MDG Members Weekend 10.140, 4/4/2009, 12:00 am

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 9:29 PM
      Anyone else in the group get on the 30m band this last weekend?

      Any comments or contacts to note?

      Again I was on Saturday and was able to be on steady for about 3 or more hours straight this time and seen many 30MDG members from NA to those over in EU that I worked. Was nice to see the EU 30MDG on the band. It was a very good time for me here and the band was in great shape with lots of activity. Sunday family activities took over so I had less time than expected and only on for a short time with a few contacts.

      I noticed Barry M0IOW was able to get a new on into JA...very good Barry. I also was able to get a new one SU Egypt so that was fun too. My other best one was a fellow with an inside attic wire from the East Coast that was 599 plus 10 over so use what you have but get on the 30m band and have some fun.

      Although most the time I notice that 30m has more traffic on the weekends I hope that maybe we can even add more ops to the mix on our 30MDG Members Weekend we will have once a month.

      Others wanting to comment all comments are welcome and again thank you for joining in on the 30m band with us.

      Oh yes...I think Simon HB9DRV (creator of HRD DM780) summed it up best from another forum I noticed when just reading along and Simon maybe wasn't sure why the 30m band was so busy:

      *********************************
      In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

      > Just a reminder to keep 30Ms in mind for digital modes

      Well you really got something going - over the last 24 hours I've seen six
      continents, 43 countries and 194 stations.

      Today being Saturday I expect to see a lot more.

      30m is now humming with activity, and thankfully no contests!

      Simon HB9DRV
      **********************************

      Thanks again
      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

      > GE,
      > Well...it was a good day on 30 meters with many of you showing up on the band. The waterfall from here was very busy with lots of good contacts being made....those from qrp, to inside wires, to those working DX to ragchew to different modes. I hope tomorrow will be just as active and it was nice to see so many working the 30 Meter Band.
      >
      > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      >

      > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > >
      > > Reminder from: 30meterPSKGroup Yahoo! Group
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/30meterPSKGroup/cal
      > >
      > > April 4th & 5th 30MDG Members Weekend 10.140
      > > Saturday April 4, 2009
      > > All Day
      > > Location: 10.140
      > >
      > > Notes:
      > > April 4th and 5th 30MDG Members Weekend...please join in with other 30MDG members and get on the 30 meter band this weekend. Get on the band and have some fun from ragchew to other 30MDG members to DX 30MDG members...or try some modes other than BPSK31 (like Hell, WSJT WSPR/ WSJT JT65, MFSK, Olivia, etc). Suggested 10.140 to 10.141 qrp lower wattage PSK, 10.141 to 10.142 PSK, wider modes above 10.142 again suggested...also suggested best times if you only have a few hours is from 2000z to 2300z. Have fun and hope to see you on the waterfall.
      > >

      > > All Rights Reserved
      > > Copyright © 2009
      > > Yahoo! Inc.
      > > http://www.yahoo.com
      > >
      > > Privacy Policy:
      > > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
      > >
      > > Terms of Service:
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8 3:43 AM
        Hello Don & all, yes I did work Japan and also a new DXCC for me Barbados.
        Nice to see the DX on 30m.
        73
        Barry, MØIOW. 30 MDG #0013
        http://30mdg.net/