Re: FIRST 30M CONTACT JA3DLE/1

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
      Hi Larry,
      I think you are in for a lot of fun on 30m...congrats on your first contact! I think there are a number of JA's on 30m digital so more to catch later and of course others from all over...we will be looking for you! When do you operate UTC time?

      Thanks
      Don kb9umt 30mdg#0001

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "n6hpx_mm,Larry" <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

      > My first contact on 30m tonight and did see a few others but not strong enough to catch them perhaps next time am here for a few more days and hope to do some more before I leave.  Thanks to chiru for the qso and hope to swap QSL's soon.
      >
      > Larry
      >
      > ======================================================================= n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
      > ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo
      > ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
      > member:
      > amsat
      > american radio relay league
      > pinoyham groups
      > DOS # 475
      > QRV:
      > 7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,
      > 7045 khz PARA net
      > 6m:50110usb,
      > 50125usb
      > 2m:144110usb
      > DX2AAA:144.880-600 PL88.5
      > Sailors Net: 14305 usb
      > Email: n6hpx@...
      > cell: philippines:
      > home:8082531271
      > fax:

    • n6hpx_mm,Larry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2009
        Thanks for that and it was a great contact but some QSB as some of his message was half there during the latter part. I am looking forward to my next return and will try again in 7 months.

        The dx on 20m was good but wish 30m was more often seems like 6m to me.

        73's from Cavite Philippines
        de n6hpx/du1

        From: 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:30meterPSKG roup@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of n6hpx_mm,Larry

        ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =====

        n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
        ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo

        ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
        member:

        amsat

        american radio relay league

        pinoyham groups

        DOS # 475

        ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ======

        QRV:

        7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,

        7045 khz PARA net
        6m:50110usb,

        50125usb

        2m:144110usb

        DX2AAA:144.880- 600 PL88.5
        Sailors Net: 14305 usb

        Email: n6hpx@...

        cell: philippines:

        home:8082531271

        fax:

      • n6hpx_mm,Larry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
          Well for me I am enjoying this very much I am going back to the USA here on Saturday this week and hope to be back in 6 months unless something comes up. Anyways I enjoyed the short contact with ja3, even though my G5RV antenna wasnt fully tuned at the time.I did see him last night on the airwaves but when I went back to him I kept seeing on my screen pse repeat ur call and I finally lost it as the band changed fast for us.

          I plan to use a auto tuner in the future and that way I can quickly tune the antenna when operating with BSPK31 I hope to see more on the band.

          I am usually operating in the afternoon here around 0800 to 1400 utc if 1 band isnt open I change to the other one. I am also planning to buy a 6m loop for some more 6 dx as I plan to also do some digital on that band as well.

          73's from Manila