L'Aquila Italy...earthquake

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
      Our thoughts and prayers are with our Italian members at this time...very sad news.

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
    • n6hpx_mm,Larry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
        My first contact on 30m tonight and did see a few others but not strong enough to catch them perhaps next time am here for a few more days and hope to do some more before I leave.  Thanks to chiru for the qso and hope to swap QSL's soon.

        Larry

        ======================================================================= n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
        ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo
        ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
        member:
        amsat
        american radio relay league
        pinoyham groups
        DOS # 475
        QRV:
        7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,
        7045 khz PARA net
        6m:50110usb,
        50125usb
        2m:144110usb
        DX2AAA:144.880-600 PL88.5
        Sailors Net: 14305 usb
        Email: n6hpx@...
        cell: philippines:
        home:8082531271
        fax:

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009

          FB Larry!!  Welcome to the fun and excitement of 30m!

          I wish I could get on more than I am able now, but hopefully my schedule will loosen later on this year and allow me to get back on the band.

          I only need the Pacific rim to give me WAC on 30m!

          73 de Mark – N9WYS

          30MDG #0043

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
            Hi Larry,
            I think you are in for a lot of fun on 30m...congrats on your first contact! I think there are a number of JA's on 30m digital so more to catch later and of course others from all over...we will be looking for you! When do you operate UTC time?

            Thanks
            Don kb9umt 30mdg#0001

            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "n6hpx_mm,Larry" <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

            > My first contact on 30m tonight and did see a few others but not strong enough to catch them perhaps next time am here for a few more days and hope to do some more before I leave.  Thanks to chiru for the qso and hope to swap QSL's soon.
            >
            > Larry
            >
            > ======================================================================= n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
            > ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo
            > ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
            > member:
            > amsat
            > american radio relay league
            > pinoyham groups
            > DOS # 475
            > QRV:
            > 7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,
            > 7045 khz PARA net
            > 6m:50110usb,
            > 50125usb
            > 2m:144110usb
            > DX2AAA:144.880-600 PL88.5
            > Sailors Net: 14305 usb
            > Email: n6hpx@...
            > cell: philippines:
            > home:8082531271
            > fax:

          • n6hpx_mm,Larry
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2009
              Thanks for that and it was a great contact but some QSB as some of his message was half there during the latter part. I am looking forward to my next return and will try again in 7 months.

              The dx on 20m was good but wish 30m was more often seems like 6m to me.

              73's from Cavite Philippines
              de n6hpx/du1

              From: 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:30meterPSKG roup@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of n6hpx_mm,Larry

              ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =====

              n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
              ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo

              ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
              member:

              amsat

              american radio relay league

              pinoyham groups

              DOS # 475

              ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ======

              QRV:

              7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,

              7045 khz PARA net
              6m:50110usb,

              50125usb

              2m:144110usb

              DX2AAA:144.880- 600 PL88.5
              Sailors Net: 14305 usb

              Email: n6hpx@...

              cell: philippines:

              home:8082531271

              fax:

            • n6hpx_mm,Larry
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
                Well for me I am enjoying this very much I am going back to the USA here on Saturday this week and hope to be back in 6 months unless something comes up. Anyways I enjoyed the short contact with ja3, even though my G5RV antenna wasnt fully tuned at the time.I did see him last night on the airwaves but when I went back to him I kept seeing on my screen pse repeat ur call and I finally lost it as the band changed fast for us.

                I plan to use a auto tuner in the future and that way I can quickly tune the antenna when operating with BSPK31 I hope to see more on the band.

                I am usually operating in the afternoon here around 0800 to 1400 utc if 1 band isnt open I change to the other one. I am also planning to buy a 6m loop for some more 6 dx as I plan to also do some digital on that band as well.

                73's from Manila