Re: 2005 MEMBERS

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 9:35 PM
      Ivor M5PLY #212 and All,

      Yes CONGRATS to ALL 30MDG folks...you guys have been busy on the band and more members seem to keep coming. You beat me to this Ivor but I was going to post earlier but Yahoo Groups was down for me here so no way to post but thank you for doing so.

      It is great that we are over 2,000 members now and we have a decent 'core' base of operators (I would guess a few hundred very serious 30m ops that frequent the band most every day or on the weekends).

      One note is that just this weekend I had the pleasure to make 2 contacts on 30m PSK and those ops were brand new to PSK and the 30m band and were having fun at it so they said and I think they will...nice band and good ops on 30m. I think we also are getting more traffic on 30m because not all participate in contesting so with 30m and WARC bands being no contest a perfect place to relax with ragchew and some DX (a number of ops I worked this weekend said worked some RTTY but was RTTY full and tuned to 30m for relief).

      On behalf of Rob, Larry, Barry, Pez, John, Darin, Laruie (and these guys work hard at all this to make things happen for 30MDG) we Thank ALL of you for joining in with us on the 30 Meter Band...and again our goal for 30MDG is NOT to be the biggest but to promote digital operators to use the 30 Meter Band.

      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001
      and as always please note: use good operating procedures and remember we are secondary users of this great 30m Band