30 meter Users

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2009
      Hello All

      Unfortunatley there are many Marine assets that use 30 meters for weather cipher and fax. Some of the primary Users are the US Military.
      Especially, the Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and US Flaged Merchant Marine Vessels. Also other Countries that have 3 rd party agreements and MOU for weather station info.

      Just thought you'd like to know they'll be using even more of it throughout all the bands, 60 meters is also being hammered by it, I've monitored several transmissions there on ham frequencies (we only have 5)

      As far as modes and bandwidth they can change on a regular basis as operational needs arise.

      I can tell you that the most prevalent mode for weather is Pactor and MFSK as of late. there also a couple of commercial software modes being experimented with.

      Hope this is informative.

      Bill W2ANQ ( NF01WD)
      Aux Seaford radio