Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: Re : my shortest contact on 30 metres

  • Dáithí
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
      Same here - one side of Belfast to another and also Rob in the land of the long white flanker Winking smile emoticon

      Barry - did you check the call on www.hamcall.net? Sometimes they're there and not in qrz
       (or www.hamlog.eu)
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
        Same here - one side of Belfast to another and also Rob in the land of the
        long white flanker

        Barry - did you check the call on www.hamcall.net? Sometimes they're there
        and not in qrz
         (or www.hamlog.eu)
        ******************

        Hi Dáithí, no i did not look there, to be honest i thought if they didn't
        want a proper QSO what is the point?
        He was not calling CQ DX, and he was in Europe.
        Catch you later.
        Barry M0IOW
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
          Good grief ! Half a mile ! Now then, let's clarify this.

          Are you saying that you had a contact of half a mile, or across one
          side of Belfast to the other, and a contact with Laurie, on the SAME
          day, as Mike did ?. And, as for me, I was quite proud of my 21 miles,
          oh dear, never mind, perhaps I need a better antenna !

          G0GQK
        • Dáithí
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009

            Not on the same day Mel - but remember, Belfast is a valley between two sets of hills - I'm on one side and the other guy was on the other - if we're both on air we fire right down each other's throat LOL. In fact we both swamp each other at normal settings Winking smile emoticon

            73 de Daithi

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
              Hello Daithi,

              I had a feeling that it wouldn't be on the same day, but stranger things have happened at sea ! I think its amazing that a situation would arise where a band is extremely long one minute and then extremely short a little time later.

              Conditions have deteriorated on 30 metres, but the general band condition has improved on 40. This afternoon US stations on SSB were quite strong on 17 metres yet 18.00 was empty, somewhat like the days when the CB band was running hot and not a soul to be found on 10 metres

              Kind regards, Mel G0GQK