RE: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: Re : my shortest contact on 30 metres

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009

      My shortest distance is about half a mile, Mat 2E0ENG, the longest distance would be to Rob ZL3RG. From my QTH.

      My shortest QSO time is last night.

      The station had no details on QRZ.com, so all I had was his/her call & country.

      I sent my details and got back  599, 73!

      No name or QTH, so I did not log him.

      I watched him on the waterfall  and did not see him give out any details!

      What did I miss?

      73

      Barry, MØIOW. 30 MDG #0013
      http://30mdg.net/

    • Dáithí
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
        Same here - one side of Belfast to another and also Rob in the land of the long white flanker Winking smile emoticon

        Barry - did you check the call on www.hamcall.net? Sometimes they're there and not in qrz
         (or www.hamlog.eu)

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
          Same here - one side of Belfast to another and also Rob in the land of the
          long white flanker

          Barry - did you check the call on www.hamcall.net? Sometimes they're there
          and not in qrz
           (or www.hamlog.eu)
          ******************

          Hi Dáithí, no i did not look there, to be honest i thought if they didn't
          want a proper QSO what is the point?
          He was not calling CQ DX, and he was in Europe.
          Catch you later.
          Barry M0IOW
        • Mel
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
            Good grief ! Half a mile ! Now then, let's clarify this.

            Are you saying that you had a contact of half a mile, or across one
            side of Belfast to the other, and a contact with Laurie, on the SAME
            day, as Mike did ?. And, as for me, I was quite proud of my 21 miles,
            oh dear, never mind, perhaps I need a better antenna !

            G0GQK
          • Dáithí
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009

              Not on the same day Mel - but remember, Belfast is a valley between two sets of hills - I'm on one side and the other guy was on the other - if we're both on air we fire right down each other's throat LOL. In fact we both swamp each other at normal settings Winking smile emoticon

              73 de Daithi

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
                Hello Daithi,

                I had a feeling that it wouldn't be on the same day, but stranger things have happened at sea ! I think its amazing that a situation would arise where a band is extremely long one minute and then extremely short a little time later.

                Conditions have deteriorated on 30 metres, but the general band condition has improved on 40. This afternoon US stations on SSB were quite strong on 17 metres yet 18.00 was empty, somewhat like the days when the CB band was running hot and not a soul to be found on 10 metres

                Kind regards, Mel G0GQK