RE: [30meterPSKGroup] band unusable for me this morning

  • Don Leitch
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2009

      That buzz goes from 10.137 to 10.162 bummer I am glad its not just someone local here , best time of day for me here in zl for 30 meters

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2009
        Got it here as well S7 and wipes out the band. Reminds me of over the
        horizon radar from China or the buzzsaw jamming we had on 75 meters in
        the AM.
        Just a very similar noise.
        Jeff
        va3xq

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don Leitch" <don@...> wrote:

        > That buzz goes from 10.137 to 10.162 bummer I am glad its not just
        someone
        > local here , best time of day for me here in zl for 30 meters

      • Don Leitch
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2009

          This was different to the radar sound from China  this was a constant buzz it showed  a picket fence all over my waterfall from 10 137 to 10 162 it lasted a few hours then just as suddenly  was gone.

          15 min later there was cu3ej  cq ing his heart out

          donL zl1atb

          Got it here as well S7 and wipes out the band. Reminds me of over the
          horizon radar from China or the buzzsaw jamming we had on 75 meters in
          the AM.
          Just a very similar noise.
          Jeff
          va3xq

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don Leitch" <don@...> wrote:

          > That buzz goes from 10.137 to 10.162 bummer I am glad its not just
          someone
          > local here , best time of day for me here in zl for 30 meters

        • Laurie, VK3AMA
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2009
            Hi Don,

            I have seen this at times on different bands (40, 30, 20 & 17), often S9+, and often in different parts of a band. I was under the impression (I could be wrong) that it was Over-The-Horizon-Radar, but not coming from China but elsewhere. In the past I had seen posts on the Cluster that matched the frequency & time I was seeing it, and the Cluster spots indicated that it was OTHR based in Europe somewhere (I seem to recall mention of Cyprus a couple of times).

            Laurie, VK3AMA

            Don Leitch wrote:

            This was different to the radar sound from China  this was a constant buzz it showed  a picket fence all over my waterfall from 10 137 to 10 162 it lasted a few hours then just as suddenly  was gone.

            15 min later there was cu3ej  cq ing his heart out

            donL zl1atb

            Got it here as well S7 and wipes out the band. Reminds me of over the
            horizon radar from China or the buzzsaw jamming we had on 75 meters in
            the AM.
            Just a very similar noise.
            Jeff
            va3xq

            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don Leitch" <don@...> wrote:

            > That buzz goes from 10.137 to 10.162 bummer I am glad its not just
            someone
            > local here , best time of day for me here in zl for 30 meters

          • Don Leitch
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2009

              Thanks guys  I have never ever seen this one before . Hope I never see it again on my favourite band

              I do get the Chinese rat a tat over the horizon radar but can work through that ok.

              Don zl1atb