[english 94%] Re: [30meterPSKGroup] digital signal question

  • va3xq
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
      From what I have heard the TIMEWAVE JPS ANC-4 noise cancel is suppose
      to be quite good at eliminating a lot of noise/interference
      jeff
      va3sxq

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <dl6xaz@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks - I live just 10 miles East of that wx-transmitter, and you
      > can imagine that I could do well without it nearby because I can not
      > hear any dx below 10104. On the other hand, the 365/7/24 Turkish Mil.
      > broadband around 10112 and the fence caused by that OH-Radar on
      > 10140+ are no better either. We got to live with them and make the
      > best of this interesting band, even if shared.
      > 73 Fred DL6XAZ
      >
      > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter
      > <oe3epw@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Russ,
      > >
      > > Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central
      > Europe the
      > > station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
      > > powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often
      > used by
      > > DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.
      > >

      > > 73 de Pez, OE3EPW
      > > <oe3epw@>
      > >

      > > wa3frp@ schrieb:
      > > > Bill,
      > > >
      > > > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This
      > station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this
      > is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as
      > a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?
      > > >
      > > > Here is the station schedule:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?
      > _nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018
      > > >
      > > > I hope that this helps?
      > > >
      > > > 73?
      > > > Russ WA3FRP?
      > > > ?

    • Don Leitch
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009

        Hi I recently ordered a anc-4

        It reduces noise by about 3 s points

        I have local high voltage power pylons and an am radio broadcast farm near by

        I am still  deciding if it’s a good buy or not.

        During the equinox I had a lot of noise but it has reduced a lot anyway now.

        So I will reserve judgment on this unit for a little longer.

        Don ZL1ATB