what mode?

  • Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
      I have been watching 10.140 today. I see a signal that I can not match up a mode with on this end. Can someone enlighten me on this mode?

      73's
      de N8MNI
      Mark Crosbie
      London, Ohio

      N8MNI<at>ARRL<dot>NET
    • o22sail@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
        Mark,
        What did it look, or sound like?  Sing it for us (Ha ha!  sorry)
        Frequency and waterfall location? time?

        There is some freeware screen capture software available on the innernets that is very helpful in a situation like this... a screen shot can be worth a Gabillion words.
        I'm always interested in what is where, and when.

        73,
        Trey- ki4itv
        30MDG #0002

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
          Windows has screen capture built in.
          Hit the "Print Screen" key to do a screen capture.
          Then open "Paint" under "Start" "All Programs" "Accessories"
          "Paint"
          Then when paint opens hit "Ctrl" "V" to paste in paint. You
          can then use paint to cut out the area you want and open a
          new paint doc and paste in the smaller area of the screen in
          the new paint document. I use it all the time.
          Delbert N5ZTW

          > What did it look, or sound like?  Sing it for us (Ha
          ha!
          > sorry) Frequency and waterfall location? time?
          >
          > There is some freeware screen capture software available
          > on the innernets that is very helpful in a situation like
          > this... a screen shot can be worth a Gabillion words. I'm
          > always interested in what is where, and when.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Trey- ki4itv
          >
          > 30MDG #0002
          >
          > --- On Tue, 2/3/09, Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
          > <N8MNI@...> wrote: From: Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
          > <N8MNI@...> Subject: [30meterPSKGroup] what
          > mode? To: 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 5:36 PM

          > I have been watching 10.140 today.
          > I see a signal that I can not match up a mode with on this
          > end. Can someone enlighten me on this mode?
          >

          > 73's
          > de N8MNI
          > Mark Crosbie
          > London, Ohio
          >
          > N8MNI<at>ARRL<dot>NET

        • Laurie, VK3AMA
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
            I have had some recent emails regarding the HamSpots spotting pages so I thought I would post a bit of an update.

            I am aware of the random site performance concerns. The performance issues are related to the new Web Host for the site. This is being addressed with the hosting company.

            The page redirection (after an hour) was introduced to try an combat the high bandwidth usage due to people leaving their browser window open for many hours at a time (as I type this email, there are 15 browser sessions accessing the site and have been open for 9+ hours) refreshing spot data. The forced redirection was to the home page that has no data refresh.

            One of the problems with redirecting the page is that when returning to the original page, user information was lost. I am currently writing code that will allow the retention of user information (callsign, name, etc.) when the user changes pages (or is redirected). This will not be cookie based, so involves a bit more work than a simple (but inherently less secure) cookie based system. Many people have their browsers set to reject cookies or clear them regularly (I do).

            Work on the new site/page layout (speedier and consistent layout) is still progressing, but has been  delayed by the recent activity in introducing user-activity monitoring code to the pages.

            Please feel free to communicate further on these issues. Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

            73 de Laurie, VK3AMA

            ,___
          • o22sail@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
              Thanks Delbert.
              I always wondered if there was a way to do that using the print screen key.

              73,
              Trey- ki4itv
              30MDG #0002

              > What did it look, or sound like?  Sing it for us (Ha
              ha!
              > sorry) Frequency and waterfall location? time?
              >
              > There is some freeware screen capture software available
              > on the innernets that is very helpful in a situation like
              > this... a screen shot can be worth a Gabillion words. I'm
              > always interested in what is where, and when.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > Trey- ki4itv
              >
              > 30MDG #0002
              >
              > --- On Tue, 2/3/09, Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
              > <N8MNI@columbus. rr.com> wrote: From: Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
              > <N8MNI@columbus. rr.com> Subject: [30meterPSKGroup] what
              > mode? To: 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com
              > Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 5:36 PM

              > I have been watching 10.140 today.
              > I see a signal that I can not match up a mode with on this
              > end. Can someone enlighten me on this mode?
              >

              > 73's
              > de N8MNI
              > Mark Crosbie
              > London, Ohio
              >
              > N8MNI<at>ARRL< dot>NET

            • Siegfried Jackstien
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
                look for the programm named "hardcopy"
                you can make snapshots of the whole screen or just a window frame
                print it or modify it with a graphic software
                dg9bfc
                sigi