Re: [english 94%] Re: [30meterPSKGroup] digital signal question

  • wa3frp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hallo Pez,

      Yes - I understand your point of view!

      Tschus,

      Russ

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Eckersberger Peter <oe3epw@...>
      To: 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:49 am
      Subject: Re: [english 94%] Re: [30meterPSKGroup] digital signal question

      Hi Russ,

      Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central Europe the
      station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
      powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often used by
      DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.

      73 de Pez, OE3EPW
      <oe3epw@amrs. at>

      wa3frp@... schrieb:
      > Bill,
      >
      > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?
      >
      > Here is the station schedule:
      >
      > http://www.dwd. de/bvbw/appmanag er/bvbw/dwdwwwDe sktop?_nfpb= true&_pageLabel= dwdwww_result_ page&gsbSearchDo cId=156018
      >
      > I hope that this helps?
      >
      > 73?
      > Russ WA3FRP?
      > ?

    • Fred
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
        Hi folks - I live just 10 miles East of that wx-transmitter, and you
        can imagine that I could do well without it nearby because I can not
        hear any dx below 10104. On the other hand, the 365/7/24 Turkish Mil.
        broadband around 10112 and the fence caused by that OH-Radar on
        10140+ are no better either. We got to live with them and make the
        best of this interesting band, even if shared.
        73 Fred DL6XAZ

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter
        <oe3epw@...> wrote:

        > Hi Russ,
        >
        > Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central
        Europe the
        > station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
        > powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often
        used by
        > DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.
        >

        > 73 de Pez, OE3EPW
        > <oe3epw@...>
        >

        > wa3frp@... schrieb:
        > > Bill,
        > >
        > > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This
        station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this
        is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as
        a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?

        > > Here is the station schedule:
        > >
        > > http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?
        _nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018

        > > I hope that this helps?
        > >
        > > 73?
        > > Russ WA3FRP?
        > > ?

      • va3xq
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
          From what I have heard the TIMEWAVE JPS ANC-4 noise cancel is suppose
          to be quite good at eliminating a lot of noise/interference
          jeff
          va3sxq

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <dl6xaz@...> wrote:

          > Hi folks - I live just 10 miles East of that wx-transmitter, and you
          > can imagine that I could do well without it nearby because I can not
          > hear any dx below 10104. On the other hand, the 365/7/24 Turkish Mil.
          > broadband around 10112 and the fence caused by that OH-Radar on
          > 10140+ are no better either. We got to live with them and make the
          > best of this interesting band, even if shared.
          > 73 Fred DL6XAZ
          >
          > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter
          > <oe3epw@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Russ,
          > >
          > > Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central
          > Europe the
          > > station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
          > > powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often
          > used by
          > > DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.
          > >

          > > 73 de Pez, OE3EPW
          > > <oe3epw@>
          > >

          > > wa3frp@ schrieb:
          > > > Bill,
          > > >
          > > > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This
          > station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this
          > is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as
          > a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?
          > > >
          > > > Here is the station schedule:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?
          > _nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018
          > > >
          > > > I hope that this helps?
          > > >
          > > > 73?
          > > > Russ WA3FRP?
          > > > ?

        • Don Leitch
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009

            Hi I recently ordered a anc-4

            It reduces noise by about 3 s points

            I have local high voltage power pylons and an am radio broadcast farm near by

            I am still  deciding if it’s a good buy or not.

            During the equinox I had a lot of noise but it has reduced a lot anyway now.

            So I will reserve judgment on this unit for a little longer.

            Don ZL1ATB