Re: [30meterPSKGroup] digital signal question

  • Mark, KJ7BS
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
      I remember, from readings a few years ago, there is a commercial German station that operates at 10.101 and it was pointed out this is a good "beacon" on 30 meters. If you can hear it, the band is open.
      --
      Mark, KJ7BS
      Glendale, AZ

      ---- Sean Cavanaugh <seanc@...> wrote:

      =============
      WJ5O wrote:

      > Good Morning,
      > Last few days when I check the band I hear a digital signal on 10.101
      > MHz........ My
      > interpretation of the IARU Region 2 Band Plan was that digital would be
      > operated 10.130-10.150
      > MHz
      > 73 Bill WJ5O

      It is true that that signal would fall out of the amateur band plan, but
      may not violate anything else. For example I can transmit digital
      signals legally anywhere in the 30m band. Won't make me popular though.
      hi hi.

      Did you decode the signal? It is possible that the signal wasn't an
      amateur service signal, as 30m is shared with other users.

      Sean - VA5LF
    • wa3frp@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
        Bill,

        You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.  This station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.

        Here is the station schedule:

        http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018

        I hope that this helps

        73
        Russ WA3FRP

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
          Hi Russ,

          Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central Europe the
          station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
          powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often used by
          DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.

          73 de Pez, OE3EPW
          <oe3epw@...>

        • wa3frp@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
            Hallo Pez,

            Yes - I understand your point of view!

            Tschus,

            <oe3epw@amrs. at>

            wa3frp@... schrieb:
            > Bill,
            >
            > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?
            >
            > Here is the station schedule:
            >
            > http://www.dwd. de/bvbw/appmanag er/bvbw/dwdwwwDe sktop?_nfpb= true&_pageLabel= dwdwww_result_ page&gsbSearchDo cId=156018
            >
            > I hope that this helps?
            >
            > 73?
            > Russ WA3FRP?
            > ?

          • Fred
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
              Hi folks - I live just 10 miles East of that wx-transmitter, and you
              can imagine that I could do well without it nearby because I can not
              hear any dx below 10104. On the other hand, the 365/7/24 Turkish Mil.
              broadband around 10112 and the fence caused by that OH-Radar on
              10140+ are no better either. We got to live with them and make the
              best of this interesting band, even if shared.
              73 Fred DL6XAZ

              --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter
              <oe3epw@...> wrote:

              > Hi Russ,
              >
              > Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central
              Europe the
              > station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
              > powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often
              used by
              > DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.
              >

              > 73 de Pez, OE3EPW
              > <oe3epw@...>
              >

              > wa3frp@... schrieb:
              > > Bill,
              > >
              > > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This
              station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this
              is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as
              a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?

              > > Here is the station schedule:
              > >
              > > http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?
              _nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018

              > > I hope that this helps?
              > >
              > > 73?
              > > Russ WA3FRP?
              > > ?

            • va3xq
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
                From what I have heard the TIMEWAVE JPS ANC-4 noise cancel is suppose
                to be quite good at eliminating a lot of noise/interference
                jeff
                va3sxq

                --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <dl6xaz@...> wrote:

                > Hi folks - I live just 10 miles East of that wx-transmitter, and you
                > can imagine that I could do well without it nearby because I can not
                > hear any dx below 10104. On the other hand, the 365/7/24 Turkish Mil.
                > broadband around 10112 and the fence caused by that OH-Radar on
                > 10140+ are no better either. We got to live with them and make the
                > best of this interesting band, even if shared.
                > 73 Fred DL6XAZ
                >
                > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter
                > <oe3epw@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Russ,
                > >
                > > Well, it always depends on the point of view. Here in Central
                > Europe the
                > > station is the famous PITA. Hi ... It's acting as an extremely
                > > powerfull jammer from 10.100 to 10.104. As 10.104 is very often
                > used by
                > > DXpeditions it's very, very hard to have a QSO on that frequency.
                > >

                > > 73 de Pez, OE3EPW
                > > <oe3epw@>
                > >

                > > wa3frp@ schrieb:
                > > > Bill,
                > > >
                > > > You are hearing commercial station DDK-9 from Germany.? This
                > station broadcasts on 10100.8 kHz at 50 baud 450 Hz shift. While this
                > is a high power (10 KW) station, I've always found it useful as
                > a 'beacon' for Northern Europe.?
                > > >
                > > > Here is the station schedule:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop?
                > _nfpb=true&_pageLabel=dwdwww_result_page&gsbSearchDocId=156018
                > > >
                > > > I hope that this helps?
                > > >
                > > > 73?
                > > > Russ WA3FRP?
                > > > ?

              • Don Leitch
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009

                  Hi I recently ordered a anc-4

                  It reduces noise by about 3 s points

                  I have local high voltage power pylons and an am radio broadcast farm near by

                  I am still  deciding if it’s a good buy or not.

                  During the equinox I had a lot of noise but it has reduced a lot anyway now.

                  So I will reserve judgment on this unit for a little longer.

                  Don ZL1ATB