Spotter page

  • Sholto Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
      FYI

      Laurie VK3AMA has kindly taken over control of the 30m digital spotter
      page and has it now hosted at this address:-

      http://www.hamspots.net/30m/

      A much better name than the old one I think HI.

      I have updated the autospotting software to post spots to this new site
      and Laurie has the new software for distribution.

      I asked my service provider to place a redirect in the DNS record of the
      old site but it appears they haven't which is a pity because it would
      have forwarded visitors clicking on the old URL. Perhaps they will do it
      later?

      Anyway, many thanks to Laurie.

      73
      Sholto
      KE7HPV
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
        Sholto,
        Thank you for all your time and money spent for well over a year to
        support the 30 Meter Digital Group and the Spot page...you deserve a
        BIG Thanks from all of us because the 30m Digital Spot page was our
        anchor for the start of all this and I hope we still have some that
        use it. Again THANK YOU.

        Laurie VK3AMA,
        Same to you Laurie for taking this on as I would hate to see the 30m
        digital Spot page go away...much appreciated!

        For those members that use the spot page please note the new links and
        I have changed the link to the 30m Spot Page here on our yahoo30mPSK
        homepage and in the process of changing the links on the
        www.30meterdigital.org pages too. I have already downloaded the new
        auto spotter program that Sholto provided and have tested spots to the
        new page on Laurie's site and I'm up and running with auto spots from
        EN50dp Central NA. I have emailed all our 30MDG Auto Spotters that
        auto spot to the 30 Meter Digital SPOT page...N9PUZ Tim (NA-Cntrl)
        NL9222 KO (EU) WB6YTE Ed (NA-W) G4UCJ/G4001SWL Sean (EU)
        DG5MH Thomas (EU) and I think VK2XGJ John (OC VK) spotter is already
        spotting on the new page.

        This might take a day or two to get links back up and spotting to
        normal but I wanted anyone here that uses this 30m Spot page know that
        we are working on it.

        (below our 30m spot link on our homepage now directed to new page)

        (below the new links and working on linking up on the 30MDG main site
        pages)
        http://www.hamspots.net/30m/

        http://www.hamspots.net/spots/autospotters.php

        Thanks
        Don kb9umt

      • kc0hln@mchsi.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
          I will second that   when i went to get on the spot page and got lost  i almost went into cartiact arrest.  Thanks Sholto  I definetly use the page and will continue to do so  73  Jerry  kc0hln
          -------------- Original message from "Don" <dhobson123@...>: --------------

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/30meterPSK Group/

          (below the new links and working on linking up on the 30MDG main site
          pages)
          http://www.hamspots .net/30m/

          http://www.hamspots .net/spots/ autospotters. php

          Thanks
          Don kb9umt

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, Sholto Fisher <sholto@...> wrote:

          > FYI
          >
          > Laurie VK3AMA has kindly taken over control of the 30m digital spotter
          > page and has it now hosted at this address:-
          >
          > http://www.hamspots .net/30m/
          >
          > A much better name than the old one I think HI.
          >
          > I have updated the autospotting software to post spots to this new site
          > and Laurie has the new software for distribution.
          >
          > I asked my service provider to place a redirect in the DNS record of
          the
          > old site but it appears they haven't which is a pity because it would
          > have forwarded visitors clicking on the old URL. Perhaps they will
          do it
          > later?
          >
          > Anyway, many thanks to Laurie.
          >
          > 73
          > Sholto
          > KE7HPV

        • Andy obrien
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
            Hi Guys, I will fix the link to this page from my K3UK Sked pages ,
            Sholto many thanks for the best spotting page around.

            FYI folks, I have been off-air , mostly, for the past month or two. I
            will try to be more active soon, I have been having pain associated
            with a pinched nerve that makes sitting at the rig or PC quite painful
            !

            Andy

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
              Andy,
              Sorry to hear that and we wish you a speedy recovery. We sure would
              appreciate the update on the link to the new 30m SPOT page from your
              site...thank you!

              Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

            • o22sail@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
                I hope you get better soon Andy. Regular or chronic pain is a real drag on the psyche.
                Wish you the best! GL

                73,
                Trey- ki4itv
                30MDG #0002

                Hi Guys, I will fix the link to this page from my K3UK Sked pages ,
                Sholto many thanks for the best spotting page around.

                FYI folks, I have been off-air , mostly, for the past month or two. I
                will try to be more active soon, I have been having pain associated
                with a pinched nerve that makes sitting at the rig or PC quite painful
                !

                Andy

                Sell Online
                our award-winning