AM broadcast station ?

  • oz1tmk@oz1tmk.dk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
      Hello

      Is it my rig going bananas or do others have an AM station on 10.141 right now ?
      Anyway its fading now because prop are fading away as usual this time here in DK.

      Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

      Ps. UTC now 17:15

    • Fred
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
        Hi Torben,
        your rig is not running crazy; certainly you got a harmonic of some
        broadcaster, for reasons I cannot explain. Happened to me yesterday
        on 14060 or about, sounded like some Asian language. Bands are a bit
        odd today anyway.
        73 Fred DL6XAZ

      • oz1tmk@oz1tmk.dk
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
          Yes of cause harmonic qrm, didn't come into my mind Smiley Humørikon
          It was from the middle east as far as i could hear.

          Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

          your rig is not running crazy; certainly you got a harmonic of some
          broadcaster, for reasons I cannot explain. Happened to me yesterday
          on 14060 or about, sounded like some Asian language. Bands are a bit
          odd today anyway.
          73 Fred DL6XAZ
          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, <oz1tmk@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          >

          > Is it
          my rig going bananas or do others have an AM station on
          10.141 right now ?
          > Anyway its fading now because prop are fading away as usual this
          time here in DK.

          > Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

          Ps. UTC now 17:15

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
            Torben oz1tmk,

            Are you sure that wasn't ZL3RG trying to sing to the sun spot Gods
            again?? I hear him many times doing this and it sounds like an AM
            station...well kind of...more or less..hihi

            I'm ready for some sun spots and for sure some warm weather!

            Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <oz1tmk@...> wrote:

            > Yes of cause harmonic qrm, didn't come into my mind
            > It was from the middle east as far as i could hear.
            >

            > Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

            27-01-2009 07:26

          • oz1tmk@oz1tmk.dk
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 28, 2009
              Don kb9umt

              Nah... but i cant say if it was him, anyway if it can help why dont the rest of us join in, we are closing in for 2000 members  Smiley Humørikon
              At least it can give us the warmth.

              Shall we make a sched ?

              Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

              href="mailto:30meterPSKGroup%40yahoogroups.com">30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com

              href="mailto:30meterPSKGroup%40yahoogroups.com">30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, <oz1tmk@> wrote:

              > > Hello
              > >

              > > Is it my rig going bananas or do others have an AM station on
              > 10.141 right now ?
              > > Anyway its fading now because prop are
              fading away as usual this
              > time here in DK.

              Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben

              > > Ps. UTC now 17:15

              Date:
              27-01-2009 07:26

            • Sean
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
                --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <dl6xaz@...> wrote:

                > Hi Torben,
                > your rig is not running crazy; certainly you got a harmonic of some
                > broadcaster, for reasons I cannot explain. Happened to me yesterday
                > on 14060 or about, sounded like some Asian language. Bands are a bit
                > odd today anyway.
                > 73 Fred DL6XAZ
                > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, <oz1tmk@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello
                > >

                > > Is it my rig going bananas or do others have an AM station on
                > 10.141 right now ?
                > > Anyway its fading now because prop are fading away as usual this
                > time here in DK.
                > >
                > > Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben
                > >
                > > Ps. UTC now 17:15

                Ahh, it's about time this surfaced again! It's the more than likely
                the Chinese targetted "Sound of Hope" broadcast, based in Taiwan. It's
                been using odd frequencies for years now, some of which fall in the
                ham bands. It was on 10250, but changes regularly to avoid jamming
                from the Chinese mainland "Firedragon" music jammer (of course it
                could well be the jammer you are hearing). If it is the jammer, there
                will be 5 mins at the top of the hour when it is inactive, presumably
                searching for other activity of the SOH. Hope this helps!

                73, Sean G4UCJ (also International Editor of WRTH, World Radio TV
                Handbook)
              • n6hpx_mm,Larry
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2009
                  I believe the sound of Hope is from Guam and is possibly either AWR or KTWR which I visited back in October and heard similar.

                  Larry

                  Sean <sean.gilbert@...> wrote:
                  --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Fred" <dl6xaz@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Torben,
                  > your rig is not running crazy; certainly you got a harmonic of some
                  > broadcaster, for reasons I cannot explain. Happened to me yesterday
                  > on 14060 or about, sounded like some Asian language. Bands are a bit
                  > odd today anyway.
                  > 73 Fred DL6XAZ
                  > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, <oz1tmk@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello
                  > >

                  > > Is it my rig going bananas or do others have an AM station on
                  > 10.141 right now ?
                  > > Anyway its fading now because prop are fading away as usual this
                  > time here in DK.
                  > >
                  > > Vy 73 de oz1tmk, Torben
                  > >
                  > > Ps. UTC now 17:15

                  Ahh, it's about time this surfaced again! It's the more than likely
                  the Chinese targetted "Sound of Hope" broadcast, based in Taiwan. It's
                  been using odd frequencies for years now, some of which fall in the
                  ham bands. It was on 10250, but changes regularly to avoid jamming
                  from the Chinese mainland "Firedragon" music jammer (of course it
                  could well be the jammer you are hearing). If it is the jammer, there
                  will be 5 mins at the top of the hour when it is inactive, presumably
                  searching for other activity of the SOH. Hope this helps!

                  73, Sean G4UCJ (also International Editor of WRTH, World Radio TV
                  Handbook)

                  ======================================================================= n6hpx/du1 cavite philippines
                  ex-n6hpx/du3 , Olongapo
                  ex-VQ9LF diego garcia
                  member:
                  amsat
                  american radio relay league
                  pinoyham groups
                  DOS # 475
                  QRV:
                  7085 khz Am/Pinoy group,
                  7045 khz PARA net
                  6m:50110usb,
                  50125usb
                  2m:144110usb
                  Sailors Net: 14305 usb
                  Email: n6hpx@...
                  cell: philippines 63 9156485642
                  home:63468750397
                  fax: 970-5462

                • Sean Gilbert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                    Hi Larry, AWR in Guam is known as the "Voice of Hope" rather than the "Sound
                    of Hope" - it all gets a bit confusing hi, TWR is also known as KTWR or
                    your station for inspiration" :). The Sound of Hope is based in Taiwan, and
                    is related to the Falun Gong movement. The broadcasts come from transmitters
                    in Taiwan, and also Palau but not from Guam. From memory they run 100kW+.

                    Not having heard the broadcast on 30m that has been plaguing Torben I can't
                    say for sure if it is these guys but I know they have intruded on 30m in the
                    past and they seem the most likely candidate.

                    73 Sean, G4UCJ
                  • oz1tmk@oz1tmk.dk
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                      Hi

                      To me it sounded like comming from the middle east, music and singing in what i
                      belive is Arabic, it was there when i moved to 30mtrs around 30 mins before it faded
                      away (together with all the other signals).

                      I believe more in Don's theory of harmonics.

                      Anyway its a long time ago since i have seen this QRM:

                      (And do NOT hope it comes back Smiley Humørikon)

                      73 oz1tmk, Torben

                      Hi Larry, AWR in Guam is known as the "Voice of Hope" rather than the "Sound
                      of Hope" - it all gets a bit confusing hi, TWR is also known as KTWR or
                      your station for inspiration" :). The Sound of Hope is based in Taiwan, and
                      is related to the Falun Gong movement. The broadcasts come from transmitters
                      in Taiwan, and also Palau but not from Guam. From memory they run 100kW+.

                      Not having heard the broadcast on 30m that has been plaguing Torben I can't
                      say for sure if it is these guys but I know they have intruded on 30m in the
                      past and they seem the most likely candidate.

                      73 Sean, G4UCJ

                      .

                    • n6hpx_mm,Larry
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                        I too use to hear some from this side of the world as well as Singapore and thats been mostly on 20m a few years ago