Conditions across the pond improving !

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      Been in the shack tonight watching a few US stations sneaking through.
      First time for months that I've seen any US calls on the screen.

      At the beginning conditions were like 160, same last night but not as
      bad, noisy, with very pale traces at 21.00. As time passed I saw KU1?
      and a W8 with bits of text. Then Rene F5TTI MDG 1330 200 km N of Paris
      began calling and started pulling in stations which were invisible to
      me, KB3MOW and YV5KAJ, and held contacts with both. Be interested to
      know what antenna Rene is using, or maybe he was sitting in the
      footprint. Perhaps conditions may be improving for a while, lets keep
      hoping !

      Kind regards, Mel G0GQK