Re : dipole help

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2009
      Aaah ! You are asking about constructing an "inverted V " not a V
      dipole !

      I made a portable 5 band V dipole from small diameter aluminium tubing
      a couple of years ago which works very well on bands 6,10,12,15,17. I
      had to abandon the 20 metre section because it was too unstable for the
      weight it was carrying so the idea of a 30 metres V dipole is a bit
      daunting, especially as it would be fairly close to the ground. The
      idea of designing and making one was that a V dipole used portable is
      more effficient than the normal mobile vertical antenna, which are used
      in a portable situation.

      I'm patiently waiting for conditions to improve, but the wait seems to
      be never ending !

      Kind regards, Mel G0GQK