We have reached 30MDG member #1700....and 1650 Awards issued

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2009
      GE,

      Just FYI

      We have reached a milestone in our small 30MDG to promote 30 Meter
      digital activity so thank you 30MDG member #1700 K1AYZ JOHN (TED) for
      being member 1700!

      I also have to say that thanks to John and the Ultimate 30 Award
      software we Award mangers and YOU all have been very busy on the band.
      I think I last reported around the end of November that we had issued
      some 800 or so 30MDG awards for the whole year of 2008 from Nov07 to
      Nov08 and I'm happy to report that just in a month and a half our
      Award numbers have jumped from 800 issued to now 1650 in just this
      short of time! Keep up the good work both Award managers and those
      working the 30m band.

      If we ever get some better conditions we are in for some fun because
      even with not the best of conditions the 30m band still has produced
      some very nice logs from what I have seen from many of you.

      I have also noticed that what use to take months like the 300-30 Award
      (300 digital mode contacts on the 30m Band) now in EU I noticed many
      applications taking only a few weeks to one month to produce these 300
      contacts. Please don't forget that we promote not just getting many
      contacts on the 30m band...we promote experimenting with other digital
      modes...QRP low power....friendship awards for those long ragchews to
      get to know each other better...we have Awards for all this on 30MDG
      because we are in this for the love of the band and radio...promote
      good operating habits when on the band...note on 30m we are secondary
      users of this unique band....and have fun on the band.

      Thanks for joining in with us here.

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001 owner/moderator

      ps. I see Ed WB6YTE our NA West Coast (CA State) 30m Auto Spotter has
      been spotting EU early mornings so give it a go on the West Coast to
      EU early mornings just before and at sunrise and just after...oh and
      also noticed a few JA's coming on board so look for the JA's...SA
      showing up now regularly when a few months ago they were not so maybe
      we can get more JA's..AS, AF, and OC to follow along in the months to come