Re: PSK Reporters - when is a PSK Reporter 'Monitor' considered 'inactive'??

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
      Thanks Erik...hey, I'm swamped with a few things so might not get to
      that to followup but if you have time and beat me to it can you check
      also and see what reply you get and post back to the group here? I'm
      just interested in knowing that if possible. Thank you.

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "kb9bny" <mplsvrf@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering the same. Perhaps you could run that question b
      > Philip Gladstone. I have talked with him via email and he is very
      > responsive.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Erik
      >
      > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@> wrote:
      > >
      > > GA,
      > >
      > > During my watching the 30m Band activity at night the last few nights
      > > I noticed that even though I'm reporting 24 x 7 to PSK Reporter that
      > > my 'Monitor' symbol or stations drops from the map it seems about
      > > 30min to an hour after no reports...does anyone know if how PSK
      > > Reporter is programmed and at what time if a 'Monitor' doesn't pick
      > > up any stations it is dropped from the map?
      > >
      > > I ask because I think Richard in EU was running all night yet he also
      > > was dropped from the Map...I was dropped from the Map also after like
      > > I said 30min to an hour of no reporting so the map to me looks like
      > > there is no one monitoring on the 30m band at night yet there is so
      > > it seems that if someone were to look and see no monitors on 30m PSK
      > > Reporter then they might not even put a CQ out to see if they can hit
      > > any since none are on the map.
      > >
      > > Not sure I'm saying this right but just noticed and maybe I should
      > > ask on the Ham Radio Deluxe HRD Reflector this question.
      > >
      > > Anyone know this answer?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

    • Don Leitch
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2009

        Not much 30 m digital action down in zl1 land A very faint ja in there

        Over the weekend a few faint rtty signals  too far in the noise to decode

        I see a vk monitoring station sees my cq a few times but so often gets the call wrong.

        Then last night about 8.00z heard a few ozzies (VK)  have a ssb chat on 10.40  complaining about that funny carrier noise  and they would qsy up the band to 10 41.20

        Funny that, there band plan allows ssb below 10.140.

        I now have a delta loop on 30 so if it was about I would be hearing it not even seen Rob about of late.

        Don ZL1ATB

      • John Simon
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2009
          I don't know why it does gets some Calls wrong, it maybe locoal QRM rising
          and falling. That's the only thing I can think of Don.

          John de VK2XGJ
          Life is sexually transmitted!

          > Not much 30 m digital action down in zl1 land A very faint ja in there
          >
          > Over the weekend a few faint rtty signals too far in the noise to decode
          >
          > I see a vk monitoring station sees my cq a few times but so often gets the
          > call wrong.
          >
          > Then last night about 8.00z heard a few ozzies (VK) have a ssb chat on
          > 10.40 complaining about that funny carrier noise and they would qsy up
          > the
          > band to 10 41.20
          >
          > Funny that, there band plan allows ssb below 10.140.
          >
          > I now have a delta loop on 30 so if it was about I would be hearing it not
          > even seen Rob about of late.
          >
          > Don ZL1ATB

          5:59 PM
        • Don Leitch
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2009

            Tnx john I was wondering maybe my signal isn’t that strong to decode. I don’t see why though the delta loop should be working well.

            Don Zl1atb

            > Not much 30 m digital action down in zl1 land A very faint ja in there
            >
            > Over the weekend a few faint rtty signals too far in the noise to decode
            >
            > I see a vk monitoring station sees my cq a few times but so often gets the
            > call wrong.
            >
            > Then last night about 8.00z heard a few ozzies (VK) have a ssb chat on
            > 10.40 complaining about that funny carrier noise and they would qsy up
            > the
            > band to 10 41.20
            >
            > Funny that, there band plan allows ssb below 10.140.
            >
            > I now have a delta loop on 30 so if it was about I would be hearing it not
            > even seen Rob about of late.
            >
            > Don ZL1ATB

            5:59 PM

          • Rob
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2009
              Your delta loop is working FB Don ... don't worry - the DX will
              come ... just a matter of time! J28KO was a big sig here this morning
              around 1630 UTC - was lonely CQg ... I spotted him but not sure what
              happened as went to 30 CW to work E44M - bit of a battle but got
              there in the end - huge EU wall!!!!

              Another 'hot one' here - over 33C right now!

              73 de Rob

              --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don Leitch" <don@...> wrote:

              > Tnx john I was wondering maybe my signal isn't that strong to
              decode. I
              > don't see why though the delta loop should be working well.
              >
              > Don Zl1atb

              1/7/2009