Re: MORE TO FOLLOW

  • KI4ITV
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <kc0hln@...> wrote:
      <snip>
      > WOW DON'T KNOW IF IT IS JUST HERE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR EVERYWHERE
      > BUT BOY I GOT A BIG NOISE FROM SOMEWHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN

      Jerry, did that big noise sound like a cartoon motor? Like you
      cliched your teeth together and blew air between your lips? I had a
      big noise here that occupied OVER 25kc (from about 10300 to
      10550)---very obnoxious and I went around the house cutting things
      off. It was still going on after my adventure and finally just quit
      while I was sitting at my control point wondering what to do next.
      Very strong---and not good.
      Anybody else notice this bandkiller???
      I had just got back home and hooked up the antennas and moved some
      things around, so it was poor timing for me- too many variables. I
      really thought I had a personal problem going on.

      Anybody else?
      73,
      Trey
      ki4itv
    • n9wys
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
        Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
        soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
        tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
        allows file attachments.

        Mark - N9WYS

        > WOW DON'T KNOW IF IT IS JUST HERE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR EVERYWHERE
        > BUT BOY I GOT A BIG NOISE FROM SOMEWHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN

        Jerry, did that big noise sound like a cartoon motor? Like you
        cliched your teeth together and blew air between your lips? I had a
        big noise here that occupied OVER 25kc (from about 10300 to
        10550)---very obnoxious and I went around the house cutting things
        off. It was still going on after my adventure and finally just quit
        while I was sitting at my control point wondering what to do next.
        Very strong---and not good.
        Anybody else notice this bandkiller???
        I had just got back home and hooked up the antennas and moved some
        things around, so it was poor timing for me- too many variables. I
        really thought I had a personal problem going on.

        Anybody else?
        73,
        Trey
        ki4itv

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • kc0hln@mchsi.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
          GE Mark: I know it was not MT63 we use that mode in the iowa mars system and i
          do know what that sounds like I cq'd with a few diff modes i believe it was
          dominoEX at least thats what it sounded like to me thanks for ur input de
          kc0hln

          > Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
          > soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
          > tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
          > allows file attachments.
          >
          > Mark - N9WYS

        • Bill Carney
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
            Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter with success....

            73 de BIll ZL3NB

            > Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
            > soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
            > tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
            > allows file attachments.
            >
            > Mark - N9WYS

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • kc0hln@mchsi.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hi Trey welcome home ya thats what the earlier noise was that killed
              everything aroun10.130 to abt 10.150 here Maybe somebody put in a bad light
              bulb cu on the band trey 73

            • kc0hln@mchsi.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                Bill i have made a few contacts using JT65A on the HF bands even here on
                10.138 that is reall good for weak signals. I better pay close attentiion to
                the rig its time i should be hearing u 73 gl de kc0hln

                > Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter
                > with success....
                >
                > 73 de BIll ZL3NB

              • Bill Carney
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Food for thought to try other modes too someday...I been calling cq on just below +1500hz and nothing. Did see Yuri RA6AV calling cq with big signal but he is not hearing me at this time...

                  Will keep sending cq for a while and see what pops up, ironcially that EMI crap I get on 10.140 is off at the moment so can hear or is it see in the digital world

                  Im sending right now

                  73 de Bill ZL3NB

                  Bill i have made a few contacts using JT65A on the HF bands even here on
                  10.138 that is reall good for weak signals. I better pay close attentiion to
                  the rig its time i should be hearing u 73 gl de kc0hln

                  > Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter
                  > with success....
                  >
                  > 73 de BIll ZL3NB

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.